Los Angeles Babies
Options

Infant Daycare Suggestions

Im having my first child and am nervous about finding a great daycare. I recently moved to Woodland Hills, know no one, and have no clue where to begin looking for infant daycare. I will be a woking mom and want the best for my baby as we all do. Does any one have any suggestions or references in the?Woodland?Hills, Calabasas, and?West lake?Village areas?

Thank you.?

Re: Infant Daycare Suggestions

• Options
    i don't know any in that area...have you tried jen's list? ?google and you will find the site..."jen" has collected a series of day care referrals from moms in the valley...hope that helps :)
    Proud mom to DD Born Oct. 26, 2007, and DS Sept. 2, 2009
  • Options
    Jens list is a great idea, though I have issues trying ot find anything on her site.  I have been told to try the colleges as Child Development majors do nannying for their major. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat and am shocked at how little info is out there. I live on the Westside and can't find much. I got referrals from Connections for Children -?https://www.cfc-ca.org/. Call them and get a list of daycare facilities in your zip code. Good luck!
  • Options
    you can email jen, and she will send it to you... i will even check and see if i still have it...
  • Options

found my list.... there is one in woodland hills:

Woodland Hills is Halsey Schools. They have an infant center (6 weeks to about 15 months), tiny tots, toddlers, and preschool. It's located just off Canoga, one block south of Ventura Blvd, at?21321 Costanso Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91364. The phone number is 818.992.1942 and the website is?www.halseyschools.com. My daughter?has been?in the infant center there for over 2 months and we have been very happy with it so far. We found it through a referral from a friend.?
  • Options

it also has two referrals for montessori in calabasas ( I can give you emails of referrals privately) and I see a rec in Agoura;?Gina's Jamboree in Agoura Hills, 818-889-9572

?

personally, I prefer centers to home day cares, and believe me we have tried both...?

• Options
    jkyliejkylie member

I work in the area as well so if you find any more out, I would love to hear.

Any suggestions for the Studio City, Sherman Oaks area?

• Options
    Thanks for all your advice out there. We ended up finding a great lady that was refered to us by a co worker. Good luck to the rest of you. I wish I could help more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"