South Florida Babies

Ovulation predictors kits?

Last time I was trying to predict ovulation I did the strips and I had such longgggggggggggggg cycles that I never ever ever got a positif. fun, huh?

I was going to invest in a bazillion strips again but was wondering if it would be best to buy that machine (the name ezcapes me right now) but it's like $200. Who has used of of these? and do you think it is worth the investement? If I had a "hand me down" (from someone I knew) would it be ok?

Thank you

V

Re: Ovulation predictors kits?

• Are you working on baby #3???
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yes, hard at work ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • I know what machine you are talking about. It's the one that learns your cycles. I think that's a GREAT idea. You are able to reset it. I had one but ended up getting pregnant with Mikey before I ever used it so I gave it to a friend of mine. I'm actually hoping to NOT need it next time around since my cycles have been somewhat normal. *knocks on wood*

Ahhhh its called the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor (CBEFM). You can find it on ebay for cheaper too.

• I had gotten the over the counter one with the smiley faces....worked like a charm in one month (hence siggy pic) lol

Good Luck!

• imageFSUSammy:

I know what machine you are talking about. It's the one that learns your cycles. I think that's a GREAT idea. You are able to reset it. I had one but ended up getting pregnant with Mikey before I ever used it so I gave it to a friend of mine. I'm actually hoping to NOT need it next time around since my cycles have been somewhat normal. *knocks on wood*

Ahhhh its called the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor (CBEFM). You can find it on ebay for cheaper too.

Thank you Sam! I am going to go look for one, hoping I won't have to use mine too long :)

• when your cycles are "normal" those are great but my cycles can last up to 65 days, I would go broke buying those :)

Who is that chunker in your siggy? It can't be Madison!

• imageVandRicky:

when your cycles are "normal" those are great but my cycles can last up to 65 days, I would go broke buying those :)

V - Have you thought about charting? And have your docs tested you for PCOS? My cycles used to be that long before Mikey. Charting helped me realize when/if I was ovulating at all. Once I had gone to my RE and done all of the tests they put me on metformin and within one cycle I was ovulating close to when I should be (for a normal person) and I luckily got pg that first cycle. I'd just hate for you to have to use that monitor over and over again if its something as simple as taking some medication to knock some sense into your body. Best of luck to you though!!!

• I just have a bit of a screwed up body that's it. We ran all tests possible.

I am actually on day 7 of Provera right now to jump start my body into having a (fake) period and then I will start Clomid in a few days. Last time I did this, I got pregnant with Nate :)

• yup...the chunky one is Miss Madison lol

At her 4 month appt she was 14 lbs and 26 inches long already! Crazy!  

• the kits worked for us everytime we tried to get pg, we did. 

Clomid, huh?  You know, Clomid is known to give twins.  I'm sure you would love that! 

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • if you don't want to buy the $200 one, you can buy ovulation sticks at the Dollar Tree.  I also believe you can order any of their items in bulk either online or if you call them.
  • imageGenaAndJosh:

the kits worked for us everytime we tried to get pg, we did. 

Clomid, huh?  You know, Clomid is known to give twins.  I'm sure you would love that! 

There is only a 3% chance for multiples. I was on it when I got pregnant with Nate. We are only going to try it 2 months and try naturally aain after that if it doens't work!

• No suggestions, but good luck on making #3! 
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • good luck!!!! i hope the clomid works again so you don't need the fertility monitor!!
  • No advice here. Just wanted to wish you Good Luck. :)
  • Hi V! No advice on the kits, just wanted to wish you lots of baby dust ;)

• I have been using the monitor for almost 2 yrs, and it is very good.  I do recommend it.  I'm not one w/ patience for temping.  Now, in my case, we have other issues preventing us from getting pg.

Costco has them at a more discount price... and also sells the sticks.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagecocojack10:

Really? Costco sells the CBEFM??? I had no idea. 

• imageHaleakala:

I had gotten the over the counter one with the smiley faces....worked like a charm in one month (hence siggy pic) lol

Good Luck!

Ditto, Hale. I actually have a TON left over since I got preggo by surprise this time around. I am going to offer them to my sister but if she does not want them you are welcome to them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageFSUSammy:
    imagecocojack10:

Really? Costco sells the CBEFM??? I had no idea. 

Only online though.  =)  

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I sed the OPK's for 1.5 years...and man can the $$ add up!!! I found out about the CBEFM right before I finally got pg!!! I defintely think it's a great investment if you have such irregular cycles...best of luck on making #3 Big Smile
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • thank you for all the positive thoughts and dust girls :)

A girlfriend of mine had a brand new one that she never ended up having to use and she is sending it to me, how lucky am I?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"