Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

DD choked BAD at daycare - needed heimlich (sp?)

So, I picked Amelia up yesterday and they told me that 30 minutes before I got there she was eating a baby goldfish cracker and it got totally lodged in her throat. There was no passage of air or sound... she was totally blocked. She turned purple.

They had to turn her over and do the baby heimlich (sp?) and she vomited everywhere and it came out.

*shudder*

I have to sign an incident report today.

Re: DD choked BAD at daycare - needed heimlich (sp?)

• OMFingGosh Sallie!!!!

This made me sick to my stomach. Is she ok?? Are you???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG, Sallie!! That is so scary! I am glad everything turned out fine. ((HUGS))
    Me:37 DH: 40
    TTC #2
    High fsh/DOR
    Pregnant after 1 year of trying! Ended in m/c 2/4/11
    Cycle #1 with RE: Clomid 50mg =BFN
    Acupuncture & vitamins/DHEA started
    Cycle #2 Clomid 100mg April 2011= BFP!! missed m/c D&C done 5/25/11 at 7 weeks 3 days Cycling at RBA's frozen donor egg clinic. Start Lupron on June 18th. 7/25/12 Transferred 1 perfect Embryo, 3 frozen! 8/3/12 beta #1 146, 8/6 beta #2 526, 8/13 beta #3 9,108. 1st U/S on 8/21 showed our perfect little embryo split! We are having Identical Twins!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG, that is so, so scary :( I'm glad she is ok!
  • omg, poor baby! And poor mama! I'm sure you were scared.

Glad they acted quick and took care of her!

• OMG!!!  how terrifying!   She's ok, though?
  • imageJessibell:

OMFingGosh Sallie!!!!

This made me sick to my stomach. Is she ok?? Are you???

I know right?

She is totally fine!!! 

I guess I didn't really register it as they were telling me... I was very calm. Then last night as I was trying to go to sleep I kept picturing it and got soooo freaked out. I just keep thinking how she must have been so scared! Thank God my daycare chick was on her game.

• That is really scary! I think I would be giving DCP a big hug today.
  • Oh my word, i am so glad that Amelia is okay!
  • OOOOh NOOO! That is terrible! ?How very scary for you all. ?I am so glad she's okay.
  • So glad that she is okay. That is very scary!
  • imagemustangsallie:

I know right?

She is totally fine!!!?

I guess I didn't really register it as they were telling me... I was very calm. Then last night as I was trying to go to sleep I kept picturing it and got soooo freaked out. I just keep thinking how she must have been so scared! Thank God my daycare chick was on her game.

I'm glad she is ok! And thank goodness your DCP knew what she was doing.?

• OMGosh! How scary is that!?! I am SO glad to hear that she is okay though and thank goodness they were on the ball when it happened.
  • I can't even imagine. I am sorry you and DD had to go through that. But I am glad she's okay.

Wow. That's just scary!!

Kristi | mom of twins & singleton | lover of JUNK | K.Stone Photography | Only Prettier Boutique
  • Poor baby; I hope she is ok. Good thing the daycare new what to do and did it right!
  • Holy freaking cow Sallie that is scary! Thank goodness your DCP knew what to do and sweet Amelia is ok.
    Sophia Kate 3.31.08 BabyFruit Ticker
  • OMG, that is so, so scary and awful!  I'm glad she is ok!  Poor shmoolet!
  • flygeahflygeah member
    That is so scary.  I am glad she is ok! 
  • OMG I'm so sorry! That is truly the scariest! I'm so glad she is okay. Addy did this around Christmas with some pear. She turned completely purple and I had to bang on her back until she threw up. :( 

I'm really glad Amelia is okay. 

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"