South Florida Babies

I have got to share...

I am not sure how many of you follow my blog but this new thing is cracking me up so much that I need to share... I hope you enjoy it!

A couple of weeks ago Sophia and I were in the car waiting for my husband to come out of Home Depot.  Sophia was sitting in the backseat of the car and asked me to turn the radio on by pointing to it and saying, ?moo sack?? When I complied with her demand and a random song filled the car she quickly shook her head and said, ?other moo sack?. I could barely believe the kid had just, in her own way, asked me to change the station. So, I did. I remember that a hip-hop song came on, I think it was The Black Eyed Peas, and I thought for sure she would going to want to keep it on. But, no. She again asked for the other music ? this time using her pointer finger and indicating the pre-programmed buttons on the radio. So, I changed it a third time and an oldies sock hop type song came on which Sophia obviously approved of because she began to bop and sway in her car-seat. This was so funny to me! Opinions and likes at her age? All I could think was, boy, am I in trouble!

The plot thickens.

Yesterday while waiting in the CVS drive-thru for a prescription to be filled we played this game again. Me changing the station, Sophia listening for a second before shaking her head and saying, ?no? to this song or that. I even tested her with a Wiggles CD and was surprised that she said no to each and every song. Finally, as the pharmacy tech handed me the prescription, I had enough and just left it on a random Miami station and began driving home. A few minutes later I hear Sophia say, ?I like this? and I look in the rear-view mirror to see her nodding her head and repeating, ?I like this.? I wanted to confirm that she meant the song so I specifically asked her, ?Sophia, you like this music?? To which she nodded and said, ?yes?.

The 80s free-style song Diamond Girl by Nice and Wild was playing on the radio. Her father?s time favorite brand of music. I could not wait to get home to tell him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I have got to share...

• That's hysterical!!! Careful...if she's already chosing her own music...her taste in clothes is not too far behind!!

Also, studies have shown that children recognize what we were listening to while pregnant. If you listened to alot of oldies and freestyle while pregnant, chances are she recalls it. Remember, children aren't born with a "blank slate." They do recognize sounds, which are amplified in utero because of the fluids.

Enjoy it!! You guys can jam together in the car and at home!!

• that is funny!  maybe next you should put on a little cynthia A & Johnny O for her! 

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Loading the player...
  • LMAO Mel that is my type of girl. Approving of "Diamond Girl"...she gets a Yes Really cute story. Sorry I haven't had time today to read any blogs but I will be sure to catch up.
  • Love it! So young but yet they know what they want to hear!
  • LMAO!! She's too much!
  • Great stories and can I say that I'm so impressed that she is speaking in small sentences!  Nicky has only recently started picking up a few new words a week, but only says one at a time.  Just goes to show the difference between boys and girls.
  • I read this on your blog and I thought it was so cute! Sophia seems to be such an awesome kid. Congrats mommy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hahaha Sophia is awesome!!!! I hope my baby is as musically inclined :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • that's too cute, she's got good taste!
  • She is SO amazing!  I can even pictur eher nodding he rhead and saying i like this =]
  • that is too funny!!!
  • What a cutie..."ooh oh diamond girl!"
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • LOVE it!  She's so cute.  I too love 80's music!
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageANJ410:
    Great stories and can I say that I'm so impressed that she is speaking in small sentences!  Nicky has only recently started picking up a few new words a week, but only says one at a time.  Just goes to show the difference between boys and girls.

Same here Andrea! Boys ARE way different than girls.

Mel - Sophia cracks me up. She is such a trip!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"