Stay at Home Moms
Options

Does Anyone Really Work From Home?

i need some kind of income.  working from home.  i don't want to sell anything.  i have two kids and one on the way.  the husband goes to work everyday, and i get to sit here, at home, bringing in nothing.  i don't have a car, but i need to bring in money some how.

do any of you work from home?  how do i get started?  where do i look?

Re: Does Anyone Really Work From Home?

• Options

Yes- but i am an accountant. So not much help to you.

i would suggest honing in on a skill and market it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    with the economy being so bad right now, i'm scared to try something like that....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have off & on...in my profession.  All I needed was a computer, printer & the right software.  I design & draft buildings for DH's firm or other Architect friends.  It wasn't all that great (I had no childcare help so I ended up working late at night or on weekends)--I prefer not to WAH anymore & won't until my kids are older/in school.
    AKA Carol*Brady! IHO my upcoming 10yr Nestiversary--Back to old screenname. My own Marsha, Jan & Cindy... imageDesigning a Life Blog
  • Options
    I am a Realtor... I show houses on weekends and use fax machine and lap top to conduct all business during the week.  My income is that of a part time job without the 20 hrs.  It's nice extra income right now... but it's sales and nothing dependable. 
  • Options
    I watch another child part time in my home. 
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Options
    I'm a beachbody coach.  I can do it all from home, just need a computer with internet connection.  I just started, but plan to make it full time after my little one is born.  Anyone can do it : )  Let me know if you're interested.  My friend got me started, she has been a coach for about a year now and is making about $2000 - $2800 a month.
  • Options
    What does a beachbody coach do?
  • Options

I rent personalized lawn storks from home to announce the birth of new babies as well as a wide variety of signs for birthdays, weddings etc.. Everything from fairy princesses to 4 foot tall funky cakes. I rent 20-30 a month for $55-$85 each. There are no direct sales or parties to host. I simply put my brochures out in such places as hospitals, obgyns, 4D ultrasound places, baby stores, party supply stores etc.. and the customers call me when their special occasion arrives. It's a fun, unique alternative to sending flowers. I've been doing it for 6 years. I put a total of about an hour into each rental. I personalize the sign, deliver it and pick it up 3-7 days later. I can even take my kids with my to drop off signs while I'm out running errands or heading to the park.

There will never be a shortage of babies, proud new parents or people celebrating birthdays. Also, when the economy is bad, people don't stop spending on new babies and birthdays. It's not like they're going to say "I was going to get you a birthday/baby gift, but the economy is bad." lol. They cut corners in other areas, not celebrations.

Here's a great artical about the lawn greeting industry and the economy: Yahoo! News story. (The story was run in Dec and is no longer up, but I still have the screen shot of the story on my website).

www.Sweet-Greetings.com

Good luck with finding the perfect business for your lifestyle! :)

• Options

imageHope*Always:
    What does a beachbody coach do?

As a beach body coach I give exercise and diet advice based on the beach body program that was given to me when I signed up.  I get customers through the beach body infomercials and website.  I get a commission on everything I do and sell.  It's a fun way to make some extra cash : )

• Options
    I work for a great company from home!! I needed to help hubby out so I found this great opportunity! If you would like more info you may email me at tconnelly@insightbb.com  I would love to help. You never know it could be just what you are looking for!!!! I'm so thankful I did!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"