Secondary IF
Options

Weight question

I know that people hate weight questions, but here goes! I have lost weight since starting this last cycle. 24lbs to be exact. I worry because it seems like a lot to lose in pregnancy. I am not eating less. More in fact. I am also napping more, and generally being a slug. WTF is going on? My Dr. did not seem concerned, but since my apt a week ago, I have dropped 5 more lbs... What gives?

Re: Weight question

• Options
    Tonya_GTonya_G member
    I lost 10 lbs with DS, and 15 with this pgcy. I always lose weight in the first tri, usually because I feel like crap and never want to eat (even though I do force mysefl to, I still can never eat much, or it just doesn't stay down) I'm finally starting to gain some back- I've gained 2 lbs in the past 2 weeks. I'm ok if I only gain a lb a week for the rest of this pgcy though, b/c then, in reality, I would have only gained 5 lbs total! Which still puts me down 10 lbs from what I lost before getting pg!
  • Options

I know I am being Lame!! With DS I only gained 9 total, but I was not well through that whole preganancy. This time, the MS has been barely there, so I thought I would be packing it on. Expecially with all of the wendys I have been eating!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It happens.  I suspect it is b/c treatments cause such negative side effects such as swelling.  It is our bodies way of going back to normal.  You know how small I am and I lost 7 lbs.  I have yet to gain a lb in a twin pregnancy!!!!!

I've been freaked but each week they do a full u/s and check out the twins.  They measure beautifully.  My doctors tell me every week if you are eating  well (which I am... heck I feel like I am eating for 5) and resting etc not to worry.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    It might be worth asking your doctor if it could be your thyroid.  It doesn't sound like you have other symptoms of hyperthyroid, like sleeplessness, anxiety, heart racing, etc., but you may want to check just to be safe.  Good luck!
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker missed m/c 9/08 at 12 weeks missed m/c 1/09 at 8 weeks diagnosed Hashimoto's thyroiditis 5/09 diagnosed MTHFR 5/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"