Baby Showers

ideas for a second baby shower?

So my sister-in-law never had a shower with her first baby (will turn 2 in October) because there were multiple complications and they weren't sure if he'd be born very prematurely or with his birth defect whether or not he'd even live. Thankfully he is fine and they are expecting their second child (a surprise!) in December.

I would like to give her a shower this time. However, they are not really in need of baby gear, etc. So I was thinking if they find out the sex having a "clothes shower" and if not a "diaper shower" to help out with diapers. Is this tacky to ask for specific gifts in this fashion? Or does anyone have other ideas that would be fun and help them out a bit as well?

Sorry so long, TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ideas for a second baby shower?

• You'll probably get some varying responses on this. I personally think it's fine to throw a 'themed sprinkle' with either books or diapers as the suggested theme (not sure how I feel about clothes, but that's probably fine too). You could make the theme prominent and find a cutsy way to include the suggested gift type in the wording ("Let's stock a bookcase for baby! Please bring your favorite childrens' book for the newest (last name) to enjoy.")

GL!

• I personally don't mind receiving invites asking for specifics. It saves me time as well as trying to figure out what to buy versus what the mom needs!

Try doing a google search of invitation wording. I have seen many cute rhymes that says something along the lines that it's for a baby brother or sister, and lets shower the mom with bottles, diapers and clothes.

• Loading the player...
  • Harms80Harms80 member

I think that's a great thing to do for her and very thoughtful to keep it to a "theme" so that she gets what's useful and not a bunch of junk.  I don't think it's tacky at all, especially if your invites really express what you want people to bring.  Family and friends always want to give pregnant people stuff, they just don't always know what's needed.

One of the 2nd baby showers I went to was a frozen food party.  Everyone made large containers of food that was already frozen with instructions on how to heat back up and the mommy left with 14 meals ready to go!  You just have to make sure they have freezer space first!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"