North Carolina Babies
Options

NBR - Favorite Raleigh restaurant?

I'm trying to make reservations for our anniversary next week and the restaurant we wanted (Mura at North Hills) already has nothing available.  So now I'm trying to think of another option.  I don't think I care what type of cuisine it is, as long as it's good.

Last year we did Mo's Diner, and we may go there again.  It was really good.  But I'm still trying to think of other places. :P

Re: NBR - Favorite Raleigh restaurant?

• Options
    My parents go to the Khanki (spelling?) every year for their anny.  I think there are 2, and I'm not sure where you are, but the one on the North side of town is really nice.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We went to Second Empire for our 1st anniversary which was really good.  We also like Fin's (I think that's what it's called).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some that we have tried and liked are 18 Seaboard, Capital City Chop House, Fins (seafood), Sullivans, Bogarts, The Oxford, Caffe Luna, Duck & Dumpling (Asian). Good luck!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options

imageraceyrae:
    We went to Second Empire for our 1st anniversary which was really good.  We also like Fin's (I think that's what it's called).

We're really good friends with the manager of Second Empire, so I'm sure we'd get amazing service.  ;)  I was looking at the reviews for Fine too b/c we've been talking about sushi for so long.  I'm just not sure if we want to drive into Wake Forest or not.

Do you know of any good dessert places in W-F?  That may sway us to go out there, if I know we could go out for a great dessert afterwards.  :)

• Options
    DH and I went to Five Star Restaurant for our anny last year. It's a little asian place downtown. It was good and an intimate environment.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    For special occasions, we love the Melting Pot (and their dessert is to die for, well IMO)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageECUGirl2004:

imageraceyrae:

We're really good friends with the manager of Second Empire, so I'm sure we'd get amazing service.  ;)  I was looking at the reviews for Fine too b/c we've been talking about sushi for so long.  I'm just not sure if we want to drive into Wake Forest or not.

Do you know of any good dessert places in W-F?  That may sway us to go out there, if I know we could go out for a great dessert afterwards.  :)

I was actually referring to Fins in downtown Raleigh.

I honestly haven't found any good restaurants yet in W-F.

• Options
    You could try Sushi Blues downtown.
  • Options
    imageraceyrae:

I was actually referring to Fins in downtown Raleigh.

I honestly haven't found any good restaurants yet in W-F.

Oh!  I thought you mean Fine.  I read really good reviews of it on Citysearch.  Hm.  Oh well.

Becki- the reviews of Sushi Blues were mixed.  :( 

• Options
    I don't like sushi, but DH's aunt lives downtown and they love this place...Looks pretty cool!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options

imageMrsHughesNC:
    I don't like sushi, but DH's aunt lives downtown and they love this place...Looks pretty cool!

My friend reviewed Sono (and a few other places) in her blog.

• Options

imageMrsHughesNC:

Thanks Hughes!  That may be a really good option!  That way we can still get sushi!  :)

• Options
    All the talk of sushi is making me sad.  I absolutely love, love sushi!!! And I gave it up while pg.  Crying  Please eat some salmon and blue fin tuna sushi for me.
  • Options

My fave restaurant in Raleigh is Second Empire. The food is to die for. My second fave is Magnolia Grill in Durham. No, not Raleigh, but worth the drive. Smile  18 Seaboard and Fin's are also great.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'll throw in the Bloomsbury Bistro at 5 Points and Margeux's on Creedmore. Both places are damn good & special occasion worthy.
  • Options
    Tonight is our anniversary and we're going to Oakwood Cafe in downtown Raleigh. ?It's nothing fancy to be sure, but the food is fantastic. ?Kind of a hidden gem, but again not fancy at all. ?I'd also recommend Hayes Barton at Five Points, slightly more fancy and the food is also super awesome (not to mention desserts).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"