New York Babies

Private Rooms

Can anyone tell me how far in advance one needs to book a private room...and how much one goes for at NYP?  Thanks!

Re: Private Rooms

• I had a private room with my son at NYP a few years ago. You can not reserve these in advance. They are on a first come, first serve basis by order of birth time. In other words, if there is only one room open and someone has their baby 2 minutes before you and they also want a private room, you have to wait until another opens up. There are also suites, but I am not sure how that works. If you take a tour they give you all the information. I recall that the room was either $600 or $900 a night! It was very expensive, but I would recommend it. I shared a room for the first night and it was not pleasant. I remember that the suites were $1200 a night. Hope that helps.
  • Thank you!  Yes that def helps.  Luckily money isn't an object, so a suite sounds perfect and ill ask about it next time i see my doctor.  I definitely don't want to be in another room with someone else during that magical period! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Just had one at Mt. SInai. $750 per night overlooking the park.  First come first serve, but suggest sending your husband up as soon as you are in recovery to make sure you get one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"