Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Okay.....need date ideas for the next MNO.

Spoke with my boss and he gave me the "OK" to invite y'all in for appetizers and drinks.  FREE appetizers (I'll make sure there are plenty and if you also want our signature salad, I'll take care of that too) and I have a "fun" martini list for $5 martinis and we'll have some wines by the glass for under $6 per glass. (Ours usually start around $8).  I'll set up an area in the bar to do "buffet style" appetizers and there will be plenty of room to walk around, sit or stand and mingle.  NOTE: smoking is allowed at our bar....just in case anyone is allergic.

Let me know if you want me to PM you the restaurant....as I stated before, I prefer not to post my place of employment on this public forum.

Okay.....so, due to my maternity leave, I have no vacay time left, so I'm here ALL of the time.  I wont be able to join in the drinking, but I'll definitely get to visit.  Any day except Sundays works for me.  Date suggestions?

Re: Okay.....need date ideas for the next MNO.

• What about the last Tuesday of June since we did this one on the last Tuesday of May or what about a Friday night?
  • Oh!  And I'll do "small" gift bags...because I'm lame and bored and need to find things to take up my time at work.Stick out tongue
  • Loading the player...
  • This sounds like fun!  If I'm in TX by then, I'll be there :)  But I'm sure there'll be another one
  • Wow! How fun and thoughtful of you! My schedule is so patchy the next few months so I'll just see what date everyone settles on go from there. ?Thank you for volunteering to organize! Oh, and please PM me the location. ?I'm nosy and have a need to know ;)
  • Can I vote for a night *other* than Tuesday?  Tuesdays are the only night I can't make events!

• I'm pretty open, but  ::selfish request:: we leave for our road trip June 26, so I would love to do it before then.  :) 
  • Weeknights can be hard due to my work schedule sometimes but I am actually free the last week of June and would love to get to know everyone better at a GTG since I am fairly new to the board. sounds like a lot of fun, though I won't be able to partake in any of the wonderful drinks! :(

oh and will you PM the name of the restaurant? I am curious now :)

• That's so awesome of you!  I vote for a weekend!  If it's in North Dallas than I can probably make a weeknight.  Yay!!
    DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • What part of town is it in? I'd love to go but I am in McKinney.
  • Oooh PM me too please! ?That is so sweet of you to do this, it sounds great! ?I'm pretty open after Father's Day in June, so I should be good! ?Any night is fine, but I'm kind of with Amanda, a Friday would be great, so we can stay out a little later than an "school" night :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemikey&amie:
    Oooh PM me too please!  That is so sweet of you to do this, it sounds great!  I'm pretty open after Father's Day in June, so I should be good!  Any night is fine, but I'm kind of with Amanda, a Friday would be great, so we can stay out a little later than an "school" night :)

My thoughts exactly!

• Friday, June 19?  Friday, June 26? Friday, July 10?

• June 19th works great for me, the other two dates I will be OOT.
  • imagebnljane1988:

Friday, June 19?  Friday, June 26? Friday, July 10?

Any of those dates work for me.  I don't know how to PM, can you email me the restaurant location.  jessvega7@yahoo.com

• imagenybride0705:
    imagebnljane1988:

Any of those dates work for me.  I don't know how to PM, can you email me the restaurant location.  jessvega7@yahoo.com

emailed!  (from work, since I'm here.)

• imagebnljane1988:
    imagenybride0705:
    imagebnljane1988:

emailed!  (from work, since I'm here.)

So excited.  Looking forward to a MNO and a new place to eat.

• I hope that it is somewhere close.  I have missed out on the last few due to location.  Can you please PM me the location too?  I really need a night out without DS.  I never thought I would say this, but I think I am ready to leave him for the first time especially since he will be 9 months old next week.  Thanks
  • Okay, I'm selfish too... my vote would be for July 10th... the 19th is my b-day and I'm out of town on the 26th.
  • Any Friday in July is good I just can't offer to do it in August because we have some promotional stuff that month that makes us too busy.

• I'm good with any Fri night pretty much from now until July 10th.  The next couple weeks after that we are OOT.

PM me with the location - I'm nosy and plus I want to see what part of town it's in!  =)

• This sounds absolutely wonderful! How awesome of you to do this! I don't care when or where, just count me in! (And pm the location, date, time, etc!)

WOOOO!!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, that sounds amazing! I haven't left my son for more than an hour or so, he is 7 months haha. I would love to go and meet some of you finally, but it would have to be in North Dallas area for me. Would you pm me the restaurant location so I can see if I could go. If I can, I vote for July 10, I will be OOT for the other dates. I have been wanting to go to some of the g2g for the longest time!
    I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August
  • Please send me the location as well- I'd love to attend!! my vote would also be for July 10th, the 19th is my brother's b-day and I'm going to be at a rehearsal dinner on the 26th.
  • So coming late, i remember the name of the restaurant, but i'm not too sure where it is located.  I do remember never having been though :o)  I'll be good though and stick to coke, lol.  Any date works here
  • Sounds like a blast and this is so awesome for you to plan. My selfish vote is July 10th because I will be out of town the other two Fridays.
    Sophia Kate 3.31.08 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would love to come, but June is pretty much booked for me.  Let me know the date and location though JIC  (srtotty @ gmail.com)  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Sounds like fun!!  My vote is for either June 26th or July 10th.  The 19th is the night before my son's birthday party.  I am sure I will be super busy cleaning and getting everything ready.
  • Awesome!

I vote for July 10th or June 26th also. You ROCK for setting this up!

• My vote is for June 19th or 26th. I'll be OOT on July 10th. Sounds like alot of fun!
  • July 10th is my vote.
  • flygeahflygeah member

Coming to this really late...

I could honestly do any of these, but I would prefer July 10th.  My sisters will be gone by then and I will only have to find a sitter for 1 as opposed to 3.

You rock for setting this up!!!!

PM me the location too... I am really curious! 

• I vote for July 10th.

I have a wedding on the 19th and a baby shower to get ready for on the 26th.

Thank you for putting this together!!

• I think I PM'd everyone who asked.  If I missed you, let me know.  If you remember the name of the restaurant, we have a website you can easily find to check out for location etc.

Sounds like July 10th may be the best date.  When I get to work this afternoon, I'll double check our reservations to make sure the bar is open that day to confirm the date (I'm about 99% sure that it's fine but just want to check.)  I'll post about it when I get there.

If anyone else needs me to PM them, just let me know....

YIPE!  DS just woke up, time to change a poopy diaper!

• July 10th would be GREAT for me  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• July 10 is fine with me.  :)
  • Bummer...I won't be able to make that date. But being on a cruise won't be a bad consolation though. Have fun ladies!
  • I think any date someone isn't going to be able to make it. I will be oot for my high school reunion June 19th, but I completely understand if that is what works for most people. I will throw out there that that weekend is Father's Day. That shouldn't affect Friday night, but you know, knowledge is power and all that.
  • July 10th would be the only date I could make it. Could you PM me the location?? Thanks for planning this!
  • imageavz2azb:
    I think any date someone isn't going to be able to make it. ...

I agree.  In a perfect world we'd all have calendars that would mesh, but that's really not going to happen.  I think we'd have to plan six months out for that!

• I am late getting to this thread, but it sounds like a fabulous time! Could you pm me the name of the website so I can look it up, TIA! July 10th works for me!
    Me:37 DH: 40
    TTC #2
    High fsh/DOR
    Pregnant after 1 year of trying! Ended in m/c 2/4/11
    Cycle #1 with RE: Clomid 50mg =BFN
    Acupuncture & vitamins/DHEA started
    Cycle #2 Clomid 100mg April 2011= BFP!! missed m/c D&C done 5/25/11 at 7 weeks 3 days Cycling at RBA's frozen donor egg clinic. Start Lupron on June 18th. 7/25/12 Transferred 1 perfect Embryo, 3 frozen! 8/3/12 beta #1 146, 8/6 beta #2 526, 8/13 beta #3 9,108. 1st U/S on 8/21 showed our perfect little embryo split! We are having Identical Twins!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"