Special Needs

Qualifying for Meidcaid or SS or other aid programs??

Our baby was DX with isolated ACC (agensis of the corpus collasum) it is completely missing. We have been told this could or could not impair our childs ability to develop and learn at a typcial level. 

I guess I don't know or understand if the DX alone qualifies us for any sort of aid, or SS and what the income requirements are. Is this something I should or can be applying/inquiring about now or do we have to wait and see how our baby is affected before the state can make a decision if we would need aid? I know our baby hasn't arrived yet so it may be impossible to inquire about this now....but no one has mentioned aid or support to us and we aren't sure what to expect.

Any insight for a newbie?? TIA.

1 current MC 2011, cautiously pregnant again EDD 4-10-13~STICK BABY
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
After 1 MC 2007, 2 CP, Cade Anthony is here:
Photography Blog Our Family Blog

Re: Qualifying for Meidcaid or SS or other aid programs??

• Basically you're just going to have to wait and see how your child is after delivery.  I would be hoping and praying that your child is not affected at all and has no need for these services.  If the time comes and your baby has the worst case scenario you can apply for SSI and Medicaid at that time, but there are many, many conditions your child has to meet to even qualify.  You can look online at ssi.gov and get more information, however if it were me, I wouldn't even worry about it until you need to. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"