Blended Families
Options

Help!

Hi it's me checking in and have another issue (surprise hah right).

STBXH has managed to get his license suspended for nonpayment of CS (last payment recieved in Oct 08 when he still worked), and on top of that it was already expired because he didn't renew it on his birthday.  The question is...he is driving our Honda (that he was supposed to sell, that is community property) without a valid license.  Not to mention that he is just plainly driving without a valid license in the first place.

Now...do I tell him he can't be the driver at ALL to pick up DS because I know of his invalid license OR do I just let it go but make sure he doesn't drive our car because of legal action could be taken against ME as a co-owner on the car?  Or not say anything at all?  What to do?  What do you think?  FYI our court dates are in mid July, he has dug himself in nicely and maybe if I don't bring anything up then he won't "right" any of these wrongs and he will look worse.  HELP!!

Re: Help!

• Options

i am assuming that he does not have insurance either?

Either way, I would not want my pretend child in the car with an unlicensed driver. And I certainly would not want an unlicensed driver driving my car. Been there, done that, two cars got totaled, and it was a GIANT disaster.

ETA-if he gets pulled over, most likely he will get arrested. Imagine what would happen if your son is in the car-that would be horrible.

• Options
    I wouldn't let him drive around with my child w/o a valid license.  I would also be very worried about being held liable should he cause an accident since your name is still on the car.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    J&A2008J&A2008 member
    NO.  He has to find another car to drive, by a licensed and insured driver, or he doesn't get visitation.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"