South Florida Babies
Options

Those who have already done their baby's baptism come in!!!

Hi girls, I'm trying to figure out what to give as the recordatorios for my son's baptism. I don't know whether to go with the old-school little folded card or like a bookmark or what. Please help me out! What did you give out and where did you get them. Thanks!!

-j

Re: Those who have already done their baby's baptism come in!!!

• Options
    My SIL did a bookmark and a wallet sized picture. I think my MIL made those chocolate lollipops too. HTH
  • Options
    I didn't do anything. We had a luncheon after the fact and thought that was a suitable "thank you" to our friends and family for coming.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My cousin gave little rosaries as a recordatorio and I thought it was an awesome idea. I believe she bought them online in bulk. They were scented ones, made out of wood or some sort of cork. not real stones so it was cheaper. I have mine hanging in my car still.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Angel frames with his picture... you can see the pic on www.butterflywishesllc.blogspot.com.

I got the frames online.

• Options
    I just put Nadia's Baptism pics on facebook. I had little mint tins as favors and my sister made cookies that I also used to decorate the tables. You can see pics of both on fb.
  • Options
    For Gaby we gave little tiny rosary's and for Alejandro I didn't give anything. I have come to the point where I know no one (myself included) don't keep favors so instead of tossing away money I just do something that you can eat or nothing at all.
  • Options

we had a couple for madys baptism (they were all donated to us by dayreen's mom)  

little tiny rose jewelry boxes with a tiny rosary in each one

a glass soap dish with a homemade rose soap and gold cross on top of the dish

favor box with almonds in each one and closed with a rose and a wallet size pic of mady's baptism

a friend of mine also did chocolate crosses to lay out on the tables

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We did nothing.  Simple!
  • Options
    I gave out mini-rosaries and a frame with his baptism pic inside.
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

we gave out the traditional recordatorios that had the godparent's names and where she was baptized.  my grandmother wanted to gift this to us, so it's why we did it over a bookmark!

i also made little pink chocolate butterflies and put them in little plastic bags with pink ribbons and made tags on my computer that said "abby's baptism" and the date

• Options
    Oh, and Jackie, we got ours done at Nunez Printing- it's on Flagler and 67th.  Ada Nunez is the owner and she's really sweet and accomodating.  It wasn't too expensive, either (kvwerne got hers done there, as well, i think.) 
  • Options
    We gave little sheer organza bags with a blue rosary inside....Everybody loved them :)
  • Options
    We actually held Eli's baptism with his first birthday.  We gave decorated baby jars filled with M&Ms and sent Thank you photo cards afterwards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"