Adoption
Options

Introducing myself

Hi,

I have been a long time lurker here and I thought I would introduce myself and start posting when appropriate.

I have a long history with adoption.  My parents were foster parents and my sister was adopted.  Growing up my plan was to have one child and adopt one child.  I have a 19 year old daughter who I adopted from Russia when she was 12 and I was 28 and single.  Since then I have gotten married (with the caveat that DH agreed to adoption sometime in the future) and have had 2 biological children.  I would still like to adopt/foster in the future though we have not yet decided when and how.

I would love to offer any insight I can to the board and to be a part of your joy as your families grow.  It is such a hard but amazing process.  I know that I will be using you all as a resource when we start our journey again as I know many things will have changed by then.

Good luck to each and every one of you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Introducing myself

• Options

Welcome to the board - I am sure your advice will be great!  You seem to have lots to share :)

We are doing foster care with the hopes of adopting.  We currently have a 3 yr old boy and I am also expecting a baby in late Sept.

So, welcome

• Options
    Hi, and welcome!  I look forward to hearing more about your family's journey.  It sounds like you'll have a unique perspective.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You're not allowed to lurk anymore. There are too many lurkers! Join in!

That's great about your previous adoption and future family-building plans.

Good luck on your journey and hope to hear more from you!

• Options
    Welcome to the board.
  • Options

imagejacksjerseygirl:

You're not allowed to lurk anymore. There are too many lurkers! Join in!

This, exactly. I second this. 

Welcome to the board! Can't wait to hear more about your experiences! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"