Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Anyone been to The Dump?

I always see commercials and think we really should go, but it seems almost too good to be true. ?Is the stuff there really crappy? ?Are there not as many good deals and they lead you to believe? ?What's the catch?

We are in desperate need of some new bedroom furniture. ?We have none. ?Well, we have a bed and a shittty bookcase and some mismatched side tables. ?That's it. ?I think we need to upgrade to a King, too. ?

Re: Anyone been to The Dump?

• Options
    My ILs have been, and I don't remember specifics but I know they were not impressed.
  • Options
    They have nice stuff; just most of it is too expensive even after the discount. But, I am cheap. They'll have a 20k rug marked down to 5k kind of thing. I think it is a good place for bedroom furniture and dinning tables.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's ok... they have a lot of stuff in a warehouse so it's hard for me to pick out the good from the bad.  I saw that they had a few good deals, I'm not a huge fan though.
  • Options

Usually whatever they are advertising as a "super-duper special" is pretty crappy.  Most everything else, like PP said, is still too expensive even with 99% off retail prices.  DH and I both agree that they don't have much that fits our style (or lack of style???).

That being said, we did give in and buy one of the memory foam mattresses from there.  We didn't get the advertised one (Queen for like 300 bucks) because it was only like an 8" mattress but they had a couple other ones for a little more money.  It isn't a Tempur-Pedic but we both like it.

• Options
    Eh, it's not that special IMO. But I have to say, get a King. That was the single best decision we've made in our marriage (ok not really but close).
  • Options
    We've been once and we were not impressed. I saw *maybe* a handful of items that I would even consider having in my house, but most of it was NMS, over-the-top or just really cheap/cheesy looking. That's jmot, I am sure that you could get lucky and find something there eventually. I think that there were a couple of bedroom suites that weren't *too* bad when we looked. My favorite furniture store is probably Weir's, but we have yet to purchase anything from there yet. They have a gorgeous bedroom suite that we LOVE, but it also comes with a mega-price tag.
  • Options

Hrmph...figures. Won't waste our time then. ?Thanks.

On a related note, anyone been to the Haverty's Outlet? ?We got our couch from Haverty's in VA but it wasn't an outlet.?

• Options
    You should go to Weirs. Seriously, we got furniture for 2 rooms and spent less than $3500. We went to the one off of 75 and Knox I believe. I know there is one in Southlake. Their clearence center is freakin amazing. Anyway, we've had great luck there and IL and my best friend have gotten furniture there and gotten great deals as well.
  • Options

We went to the Haverty's outlet and didn't find anything either. They have normal Haverty's non-discounted furniture at the front of the store and then an outlet type section in the back. Scratch and dent type stuff is mostly what I saw.

We have purchased from Haverty's before though and had great experiences. Our living room set that we currently have is from there. 

• Options
    flygeahflygeah member

imagekatherinemichel:
    You should go to Weirs. Seriously, we got furniture for 2 rooms and spent less than $3500. We went to the one off of 75 and Knox I believe. I know there is one in Southlake. Their clearence center is freakin amazing. Anyway, we've had great luck there and IL and my best friend have gotten furniture there and gotten great deals as well.

Do they sell patio furniture as well?  We have to get new furniture because our table broke a few weeks ago. 

• Options

imagekatherinemichel:

Yep, I've been to the Knox location and the Southlake location many times. I haven't been to the clearance outlet in years, but it might be worth looking into. There is also a location in Plano as well. A lot of their stuff is great priced and some, well, not so much, but it is great quality. The bed alone from the bedroom suite we like is like $2,500, ha! I told hubby that he would need to get a second job to pay for the bedroom furniture, lol!

• Options
    The thing the Dump doesn't advertise is they buy normally like most other furniture stores. Sometimes they buy overstocks, but very rarely. They are the top customer for all the wholesale furniture companies in the area. You'd get better deal just going to a furniture store as they have room to negotiate and the Dump does not. Just realize, someone has to pay for all that advertising and I guarantee it's not coming out the President's pocket.?
  • Options
    imageflygeah:

imagekatherinemichel:

Do they sell patio furniture as well?  We have to get new furniture because our table broke a few weeks ago. 

I know for a fact that they do sell patio furniture at the Knox location. Not sure about the other locations though

• Options
    I second going to Weirs. You can really find some pretty nice stuff at a good price. Some of our living room furniture came from there and it's held up wonerful.
  • Options
    The first time we went we found a dining set that I LOVED... but we weren't ready to buy yet and never saw it again since.  And we've never found anything great since then but I do know people who have gotten some beautiful pieces and good deals there.
    Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"