Blended Families

Tuesday's "Getting to Know Yous"

1) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?

2)  What is your favorite soup?  Why?

3) When was the last time you climbed a tree?

4) Name the best thing you have done in your life? 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg

Re: Tuesday's "Getting to Know Yous"

• IlumineIlumine member

1) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Search and Rescue dog handler.  I have always wanted to do this and I will probably look into it as soon as Monks is old enough for me to do the hours of training.

2)  What is your favorite soup?  Why? My husband's Hungarian Goulash.  The way HE makes it with the spicy Hungarian paprika.  It is my favorite dish he does. 

3) When was the last time you climbed a tree? About 2 years ago.  I was visiting my Aunt and climbed their climbing tree to prove to the young'ns that I could still do it.

4) Name the best thing you have done in your life? While having Monks ranks up there, I think the best thing I have done so far was taking on my SS 

Between "fixing" the issues that his BM created and dealing with the normal early teenage / hormonal carp, this has been the hardest year in my life.  It has put my patience, emotional strength, empathy, compassion and education to test on an almost daily basis.  

But in the end, I know that he will be as well adjusted as possible AND we will never have that phone call. 
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • 1) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Pre DS I would have Anthony Bourdain's job travelling the world, experiencing all the cultures I would love that Post DS not really sure actually.

2)  What is your favorite soup?  Why? Minestrone, I don't really know why I just love it

3) When was the last time you climbed a tree? I tried this weekend but the branch was dead so I changed my mind real quick

4) Name the best thing you have done in your life?  Ds I wish I had more to say than that, but at this point he is the best thing I did, before he came along my life was a mess, although getting back into school is as well, though it doesn't feel that way all the time.

• Loading the player...
  • 1) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?  If it was an acutal Monday - Friday job and it paid better (or I was rich from the lottery) I would love to be an animal exhibit designer for zoos.

2)  What is your favorite soup?  Why? Boston Market's chicken tortilla soup. It is the only soup that can make my mouth water just by smelling it!

3) When was the last time you climbed a tree? Lol! This wekend!

4) Name the best thing you have done in your life? Other than my son? Leaving his father. It was starting to lead further down the abuse path & I just decided one day I had had enough & that my son deserved better. I refused to let him grow up & be like his father.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  •  

1) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Something that takes me all over the world and pays me a lot of money. There is a job like that right???

2)  What is your favorite soup?  Why? Tortilla soup. It's got chicken, avocados, cheese and cilantro...what could go wrong!

3) When was the last time you climbed a tree? A few years ago and several pounds ago.

4) Name the best thing you have done in your life?  Be the mommy to my kids. DH and them are the best things to ever happen to me.

• MrsBPOMrsBPO member

1) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? A nurse that actually nurses.  :)

2)  What is your favorite soup?  Why? Italian Wedding Soup and I have no idea why.  I also like French Onion and Minestrone. 

3) When was the last time you climbed a tree? It's been a few years, I think.  It obviously had a low crotch in the trunk for me to get started.  lol.

4) Name the best thing you have done in your life?  Married DH and took in the Kiddo.  Working on "raising my kids" to that level, too.  Sticking with the ex through some amazingly tough times, until it was time to let go and let him make it on his own.

Photobucket
  • J&A2008J&A2008 member

1) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?

stay at home mom with my own clothing line on the side

2)  What is your favorite soup?  Why?

beer cheese  I'm from Wisconsin

3) When was the last time you climbed a tree?

2 years ago.  I was about 80 feet up.  I wouldn't do it again.

4) Name the best thing you have done in your life? 

I'm not sure.  The obvious answer is being a mom and stepmom and loving J.  But there were a lot of important decisions along the way that brought me here, and my life as a mom is just beginning.  I'd like to think that the best things are still down the road, like seeing our sons have their own kids.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • 1) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? A nurse in the Maternity Ward.

2)  What is your favorite soup?  Why? Broccoli Cheese soup, because my mom makes it soo good.

3) When was the last time you climbed a tree? when i was 10 or so; i was such a tom-boy

4) Name the best thing you have done in your life?  gave birth to my beautiful baby girl

~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • FloF9FloF9 member

1) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? I would have to say Red Cross Rescue.

2)  What is your favorite soup?  Why? Tomato and veggie soup.  When I was in elementary this was served on rainy winter days.  Brings back great memories.

3) When was the last time you climbed a tree? I must have been under 12 years old.

4) Name the best thing you have done in your life? Becoming a mother - hands down.

• Shel77Shel77 member
    1) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Shel77?s Tasty Travels?  Like the Anthony Bourdain idea but saw him eat camel in Saudi Arabia and that destroyed my fantasy. 2)  What is your favorite soup?  Why? Chili?s not a soup, is it?  Ok, then anything spicy with a decent beer accompanying 3) When was the last time you climbed a tree? Sigh, was much more of a nerd as a kid?and adult.  I was in the Swiss Family Robinson tree in Disney World last year 4) Name the best thing you have done in your life?  I?d like to say getting my doctorate, 10yrs and $160k in the hole but with some perspective, think having made the leap from single to soon-to-be wife and SM has been more labor-intensive and in a qualitatively different way, equally rewarding.  Never thought that I?d be proudly sitting at some one?s end of the year kindergarten show or tucking some one in 3yrs ago.
  • 1) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Travel show host. Or perhaps royalty-is that a job?
    More practical, I would love to own a small bakery or tea room

2)  What is your favorite soup?  Why?  Potato. I love potatos.

3) When was the last time you climbed a tree? Don't remember

4) Name the best thing you have done in your life?  Ummm, the best is yet to come.

• sdc81sdc81 member

1) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? I'd have to say that I already have it (SAHM).    Smile

2)  What is your favorite soup?  Why? I make a mean tomato cheese shrimp torellini

3) When was the last time you climbed a tree? Probably ~2 decades ago

4) Name the best thing you have done in your life? I have to add on to this... Thing: Graduate college- even though it took a long time, longer than most, I am proud that I plugged away; in my case it means a better future for me and the most important people in my life. Accomplishment: My son.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"