Michigan Babies

Natural Birth Options in the Rockford Area?

edited July 2021 in Michigan Babies

So, we'll be moving to the Rockford area soon, and I'm 17 weeks along.  I definitely want a natural, un-medicated birth, but have been having a hard time finding information about prenatal/birthing healthcare in the area.

If you had a natural birth in the Rockford area...

Who was your midwife/OB?  Would you recommend them?  Were they covered by your insurance?

Where did you give birth?  (What hospital, birthing center, etc?  Or did you give birth at home?)

Thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Natural Birth Options in the Rockford Area?

• Hello, welcome and congrats!! What do you mean by you want a natural birth? Do you want no meds but in a hospital setting? Do you want no meds but at home? Do you want an OB or a midwife or both? I think if you narrow down exactly what you want it may be a little easier for you.

I wanted, but did not have a med-free birth. There was a lot that went into what led up to that. I can tell you that my doctor, Dr. Michelle Klyn, was very supportive of my wishes. Also my Doula, Kriste Johns Weber, was a big help. I delivered at Spectrum Health and was very, very, very pleased with the staff there. They helped guide me and gave me the information I needed to make the best decisions for myself and my daughter.

There is some midwife information here on the Grand Rapids Nest board. Good luck with your search!

Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"