Pennsylvania Babies

Backpack carriers?

Have any of you ladies used a backpack carrier? ?I found one on craigslist and I have been thinking of getting one. ?Eli is 16 months and weighs like 23 pounds. ?I may not use it for him, but I considered getting it for when I go to market, so I do not have to take the stroller. ?And, if we move, I think I may be?convenient?for the new baby once she gets too big for me to use with the moby. ?Any thoughts? ?

Re: Backpack carriers?

• Adam and I got one for DH for Christmas since DH loved carrying him in a front carrier. It's been used exactly twice, once to walk around the house while Adam was smacking DH on the head, and another time to go down the street. DH says it's uncomfortable, and Adam was around 25 pounds when DH said this. I suggest trying one out to see if it's comfortable for you. Also, DH isn't comfortable putting it on by himself, so it takes two of us to put Adam in and put it on DH's back. I'm sure with practice this gets easier!

Oh yeah, ours is a Kelty. And a pretty good one based upon the reviews. The way it's going, you might see ours on CL one of these days - it wasn't cheap!

• fxz109fxz109 member

I've heard from several moms that these take 2 people to get the baby in and out of.  I don't know if there is one that you would be able to do by yourself.

• Loading the player...
  • We use the Beco Butterfly and Sierra loves being on mommy or daddy's back.  She is currently 22 lbs and can step right into it.  She isn't thrilled about riding in the stroller so the Beco works out great.

• oh Savannah likes it too, but she's only been in the front.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"