Stay at Home Moms
Options

hateful MIL

So Friday i told her that i wasn't going to be going to her BBQ because my boyfriend was out of town and i didn't feel like i could handle the girls alone with all those people around that i don't really know.   But she decided that i didn't really mean no and called pretty much like  6 more times that day and then the next till i finally broke down and said i would come.  I figured that at least Olivia would see some of her cousins and i could hide out with some of the other  moms.   This morning we get there and Celia was asleep because she almost always falls asleep in the car,  I knock on the door  and my MIL opens the door and is all "Ohh so what did you bring to share" as she's letting us in.   I wasn't told it was a pot luck sort of thing so i exsplained that i was just so busy with both girls that i hadn't had time to make anything.  She seemed to except that for then and left me be for a bit.

Olivia was real happy playing with the other children so at least that part of the day was a sucsess,  but at one point i went to the drink table to get some water and i know MIL saw me standing there but she continues in on her conversation about how my boyfriend needs to find some one more his age (now yes he is 11 years older then i am but what should that matter)  and that he shouldn't have to be so kind and take care of my children.  I wanted to grab Olivia and bail but she'd just gone for a walk with one of her uncles and a bunch of the other kids so i was stuck so like the coward i am i just went inside and found a room to cry alone. (with Celia there of course ).

I've known she has never liked me ,  I met my boyfriend right after he'd gotten devorced and she'd always loved his ex wife.  From the moment she found out about us she would always tell derek that i was just some gold digging whore or something.   But this went to far, she practicly begged me to come... but aparently only so she could laugh at me with her friends.   If she thinks she's going to see her grand babies any time soon she is very wrong !

Re: hateful MIL

• Options
    Wow, I'm so sorry, that was just awful of her. :::hugs:::
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Options
    That is so harsh & mean. I'm so sorry she did that to you! Maybe your BF needs to talk to her about everything? It sounds like she is punishing you for the divorce that her son went through & that's so not fair.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh man that's really hard. I would go into a room and cry too. Maybe its time for a heart to heart with your bf. And from now on I would suggest having him with you when you see her. Some one needs to knock her off her high horse and put her in her place.
  • Options

Hugs, I feel your pain.

I suggest talking to your bf and telling him that you are not playing her games anymore and that it's unfair to you and the kids. I am so sorry she is acting this way.

My MIL has never liked me either and now she is taking it a step further and treating her own grandson the same way. (See my post below about MIL bashing SAHM's). I can't do or say anything right. And then if I dont' say anything she calls me anti-social. I cannot win.

So, what I know is this. You can't really change crazy people. But you CAN change how you deal with them. So I would definitely not ever subject myself to being around your MIL without BF, ever.

Good luck sweetie. I hope it gets better.

• Options
    What a hateful b!tch!! I am so sorry that you had to endure that. I would make it very clear to your bf that this will never happen again and tell him everything she said about you in front of you. Then make it clear that you are not going to subject yourself or the kids to this ever again. So sorry.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What a horrid woman!!! I am sorry you had to deal with that! Like the others said, I would have a serious chat with your boyfriend. You both need to be united in that you two will not tolerate that type of behavior. Has your boyfriend ever talked to her about her feelings toward you? What does he think of all of this?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"