Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Pregnancy no-no's- Which one did you commit?

Did you eat lunch meat? ?Drink wine? ?Soda? ?Do tell!

I gave up soda until I started having killer headaches in second tri. ?The only thing that would make them go away was a Tylenol and a soda. ??

I drank soda almost everyday in my 3rd trimester, and it was usually Mountain Dew. ?I also thoroughly enjoyed my lunch meat sandwiches.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Two angel babies 11/09 and 4/10

Re: Pregnancy no-no's- Which one did you commit?

• Options

I ate lunch meat and ate hot dogs (they were a huge pregnancy craving for me).

I also had Starbucks a couple times a week.

• Options
    I didn't drink and I did pretty well staying off caffeine. Everything else was a free for all really. :) Oh, didn't eat raw fish either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have one caffeinated beverage a day.  Sometimes 2.  OK, sometimes 3.

My vegetable intake is pitiful.

• Options

All of them!

I drank Diet Coke like it was going out of style.

I cleaned the litter box every single day.

I ate turkey and other deli meat.

I ate tuna fish all the time.

I ate the soft cheese at Mexican restaurants.

I didn't drink wine, but that's mainly b/c I'm not much of a drinker. 

• Options
    iris427iris427 member

I had a little bit of wine.  And I drank tons of soda because it kept me from feeling sick.

ETA Oh yeah I cleaned the litter a few times

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    soda and hot dogs
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Remembering Christopher
  • Options
    I had one or two caffeinated drinks per day after my first tri.  I had a couple glasses of wine during my pregnancy.  Obviously, I did not eat lunch meat that had not been heated up.  That was not worth the risk to me.
  • Options
    I ate lunch meat sometimes. I also tried to drink wine but I had such bad heartburn that it didn't really work out. Well, that and a little heroin ; )
  • Options
    Oh, I never drank water nor did I eat vegetables and fruit.  My diet consisted of chili cheese fries and tater tots from Sonic.  Anna turned out just fine! :)
  • Options
    KMLPKMLP member
    imagencsubride:

I ate lunch meat and ate hot dogs (they were a huge pregnancy craving for me).

I also had Starbucks a couple times a week.

I forgot about hot dogs! ?I totally craved hot dogs! ?Good thing it was summer time...lots of cook outs!?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Two angel babies 11/09 and 4/10
  • Options
    I ate tuna often & had caffeine every day after 1st tri. I started work at 7 am.  It was either I have some or my head would have been on the desk. 
    someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

The only meat I could even stomach for the entirety of my first pregnancy was the Blimpie Best sandwich.  And I worked for a caterer ready and willing to make me fillet Mignon as soon as I asked... and what would I do?  Waddle over to the gas station for a Blimpie Best sub and a Chipwich.  No wonder I gained 40lbs.

I also ate feta cheese like it was made of puppies and rainbows on acid.

Other than that I was pretty by the book. 

• Options
    I drank soda, ate lunch meat, and drank bellini's (only on a 2 ocasions). I had several beers throughout as well. I also rode on a my DH's Harley for the 105th (one time). I also smoked one cigarette the first time. I am such a bad mom.
  • Options
    I ate lunch meat, hot dogs, drank diet coke and occasionally a coffee. And this time around I've had lunch meat a lot and have a diet coke almost daily.
  • Options
    I hit the crack pipe a few times a week.  Lunch meat was too risky though.
  • Options
    Caffeine. I had coffee and at least one coke everyday.
  • Options

I sipped wine more than once, drank caffeine regularly, ate lunch meat as I pleased, slept on my back, painted the basement and the nursery, took a Class D drug for the first 6 weeks, and stayed on my Class B "but not proven" med the entire 40 weeks.

?

• Options

I don't think I did anything right.

I lost 40lbs combined, which is TERRIBLE (I was/am overweight so pfffffft)

My biggest cravings were for turkey subs from Subway and nacho cheese fries. OH not healthy lol.

I drank pop all the damn time, the only thing that would make me not barf!

I cleaned the litter box a few times! (We got rid of the cat for tearing up the house though, so not for long!)

I ATE CHEESE CURDS. AND feta cheese! And goat's cheese! Surprise

Gah, I dunno what else, but Sammy ought to have 3 arms and have mutant super powers, I'd think. What a rip.

• Options

I did/do all of these:

drink diet coke.  2 a day, usually.

eat lunch meat and hotdogs

sleep on my back

I'm sure there are others.

• Options

I drank caffeine daily. It helped keep my migraines away.

I also ate at Subway quite often and never ate hot sandwiches.

Don't know if this counts, but I took vicodin 3-5 days a week for the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy.

• Options
    I generally ate pretty healthily but there were very few things I didn't eat at all ever... I had the occasional sandwich, drink, caffeinated beverage, etc.. I didn't eat unpastuerized cheese or raw / very rare meat but, honestly, I really didn't want to so it wasn't a "sacrifice since I'm pregnant" thing.
  • Options
    MegGaryMegGary member
    Drank diet coke. One a day. I ate lunch meat COLD. I also smoked a few ciggs a day for the 1st 4 months of my pregnancy. I finally quit when I was 15 weeks & haven't picked one up since. I'm sure I'll get flamed for that one.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think it's faster to list the things I didn't do....  In all honestly, my doc was awesome and she actually told me that pretty much anything was fine in moderation (there goes that phrase again...)

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    drank soda(switched from diet to reg) ate hot dogs, lunchmeat, dyed my hair 2 times,
  • Options

All I wanted was diet soda, and I drank a TON of diet root beer bc it was caffeine free, and also a daily diet coke w/caffeine.

• Options
    I ate lunch meat, had caffeine, and even had a glass or two of wine. I don't think I 100% followed any of the "rules"
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I ate sandiwches from Quizno's at least once a week (it was next door to my work). I tried to cut back on sodas, but that wasn't working, so I would *try* and order diet, when I remembered. I did not drink any alcohol, not even wine. But, I did enjoy sushi, about 1-2 times a month. I am SOOOO glad I didn't cut that out. My midwife said if I feel safe eating it, then go for it.
  • Options

Feta, brie, swordfish, slept on my back...

I was pretty paranoid about everything else.

Oh, and cold lunch meat (salami) even though I was a vegetarian for 15 years before I got pregnant. I had to have it.

• Options
    kirbabekirbabe member
    I ate a lot of turkey lunch meat and ::gasp:: I didn't always heat it.  I gave up caffeine unless I would get a really bad headache, then I would drink a Coke.

Sisters:  Now and then.

imageimage

Elijah's 1st day of Kindergarten!
  • Options
    I slept on my back and ate tuna.  And I drank a ton of green tea early on before I realized it was a no-no.  Other than that, I played by the rules. 
  • Options
    I didn't limit myself. My doctor didn't seemed too concerned about anything. I think I had a few sips of wine but I felt too weird drinking alcohol while I was pregnant.
  • Options

Drank soda, ate hot dogs and lunchmeat, changed the liter box, painted baby's room and some kitchen cabinets, painted my nails and toes.  The funniest though was when I went with DH to Nicaragua the end of my 1st tri.  When I asked my OB about traveling and any recommendations he gave me the typical spiel and then asked where I was going and I told him.  He sighed really loud and said 'just don't drink the water".

• Options

I ate lunch meat and hot dogs, had 2 glasses of wine, drank regular Coke daily and ate raw sushi 1-3x per week.

Now I won't eat lunch meat b/c I watched how it was made on Modern Marvels the other day. ?I wanted to vomit. ?It actually LOOKS like vomit before the press it into their pretty little lunch meat molds.

"If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down loud." -John Evans Tweet me
  • Options
    I hate lunch meat and soft cheese- all.the.time.  I also changed the litter 99% of the time. 
  • Options
    ougrad1ougrad1 member
    I had a glass of wine here and there in third tri with my dr's permission.
  • Options

I ate lunch meat a lot, but somehow avoided soda the first trimester. After that I gave up and had diet pepsi and starbucks all the time. Don't even get me started on the time MIL slapped my hand for drinking a soda!

I also ate a load of junk food, blue cheese with my buffalo wings, and plenty of hot dogs.

• Options
    image102503Natalie:

All of them!

I drank Diet Coke like it was going out of style.

I cleaned the litter box every single day.

I ate turkey and other deli meat.

I ate tuna fish all the time.

I ate the soft cheese at Mexican restaurants.

I didn't drink wine, but that's mainly b/c I'm not much of a drinker. 

This, this, this, and this.

I can't stand wine, but I did go down to one soda a day, and it was diet.

imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
  • Options
    I ate lunch meat and hot dogs. I drank hot tea or ice tea every day.
  • Options
    Really? We're bragging about doing the things our doctors suggested we not do? I was under the impression that these things were suggested to increase our chances of healthy pregnancies/babies. I don't get the bragging.
  • Options

imageABMcKinney:
    Really? We're bragging about doing the things our doctors suggested we not do? I was under the impression that these things were suggested to increase our chances of healthy pregnancies/babies. I don't get the bragging.

Confused

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"