South Florida Babies
Options

I hate the news

It's always horrible, horrible things that go on there that make me so afraid of this world, for L. And other times, it's very sad happenings, negligence or whatever that causes the news. It's pain and suffering at all levels. I hate it.

I had the news on and the death of the 18-month-old baby boy just destroyed me. His mother left him in the truck, not realizing he was in there. It's not fair. I can't even begin to imagine the pain that they must be feeling, and I don't even want to go into the type of death that poor child had. Where's the sense in that? There's so much that just makes no sense at all. It sucks.

I'm sorry, I just fell apart at that news.... :*( Give your little ones a huge hug.

Re: I hate the news

• Options

I just don't understand how you can just "forget" your 18 month is in the back of the car.

I feel heartbroken for the father who found him.  Not the mom.  Not the mom AT ALL.  6 hours???  How do you forget for 6 hours???

• Options

I can totally relate with you, I get nervous of going out of the routine. There was a case a few years back that mom had to drop off the baby at the sitter which dad usually did but had a doctors appointment and she totally forgot. The baby was sleeping when she arrived at school (she is a teacher) well noone noticed until around 4pm that someone came to the mom's office and tells her something like when did you pick up your daughter.... mom suddenly remembered but by the time she got there she had died :(

I always look in my rearview mirror for this reason. I'm keeping the family in my thoughts and prayers.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup, between that story and the one about the lady who killed her son and buried him in the playground, I pretty much stopped reading anything yesterday. This is why I usually never watch the news, but somehow the headlines on my homepage always catch my attention. Going to have to change the homepage!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TayLynnTayLynn member

The news has been awful lately. When I first heard about that story, I went in to check on Andrew while he was napping.  I almost woke him up just to hug him tight!

I do feel sorry for everyone involved.  I imagine the guilt the mom must feel would be a weight you would never be rid of.  I haven't heard if there might be criminal prosecution. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

She has been charged with manslaughter.  I feel terrible for the husband and their surviving son. 

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Manslaughter-Charge-for-Mom-Who-Left-Tot-in-Car.html?corder=&pg=1#comments

• Options
    TayLynnTayLynn member

Oh, thanks for the update.  I agree, the husband and surviving son are in an awful situation.  They lost the baby and now they may lose the mom in a way if she goes to jail.  I would have trouble believing the marriage could survive this.  Death of a child can often drive apart the parents but when one is directly without a doubt responsible, how do you go on?

I think it's good to bring people's awareness to the story.  The prosecution of the case does do that.  As sad as this case is, maybe it could save another life.

• Options
    I know it happens a lot... but I don't think that excuses anything.  I know mistakes happen, I just don't understand how that could happen.  I guess I just don't understand how she thought she dropped the baby off at daycare and went to work and nothing clicked.  I mean, I've left the hot iron plugged in and I've left the house, but there's that nagging feelign of "damn... i think there's somethign wrong" and then it clicks.  How did it just not click?
  • Options
    TayLynnTayLynn member
    You're right.  Makes you wonder what else was going on in her head.
  • Options
    i also agree that it is extremely hard to just "forget" that your kid is in the back seat. i know more and more cases are coming about on this, but i drive knowing that my child is back there and bc of that i drive more carefully and more cautious. i just cant fathom forgetting you have your kid in the back seat. just recently they started recommending that you leave a teddy bear in the car seat if your child is not in it, and when you put the kid in the seat transfer the bear to the front seat so you know your kid is in the back. i just think overall its so sad that its come to down this.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"