New York Babies

Please recommend a Staten Island ob/gyn

I am pretty new to the area, and need to find a new ob/gyn. I'm so sorry to be leaving my old doctor in Jersey, but life must go on... and more babies will come eventually. So I need to get comfortable with someone here on the Island. Thank you for your recommendations!

Re: Please recommend a Staten Island ob/gyn

• I have not had a baby here, but I've seen Dr Poliseno with Staten Island Physician Practice for an annual visit, and IUD placement and follow up.  I like him. He's pretty straight forward but nice.  But I'm done with having babies and had my 2 prior to moving here.  Not sure which hospital he's affiliated with either.  Do you have a preference?  I have heard RUMC has a good nicu.  (I work there so it could be a biased opinion given).  A colleague delivered 2 babies at rumc and said the were good experiences.
  • Nova726Nova726 member
    I go to Dr. Lynn Rapp on Hylan Blvd (by the Hylan Plaza) and I really like him (yes Lynn is a guy.)  I started seeing him based on recommendations from friends that have all been going to him for years and 2 even travel here from NJ to continue going to him.
    Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Dr Trentacosta is very good and he has delivered almost all the babies in my family with no complications including my c section. He is located at 1145 Targee past Doctors Hospital. He is with Staten Island University Hospital. Although I love Dr. T I am not too crazy about that hospital and am thinking of delivering in Manhattan.
  • i go to dr.james rielly . he is amazing.kind and patient. his pa anita is also great. the staff is so sweet. i would really consider giving him a call
  • I am pregnant and live on staten island and would not recommend any ob/gyns on staten island. however, Dr. Andrew DeFazio who delivers out of Methodist has an office in staten island on amboy road. he just delivered by nephew a month ago.

• imagetoria127:

I am pregnant and live on staten island and would not recommend any ob/gyns on staten island. however, Dr. Andrew DeFazio who delivers out of Methodist has an office in staten island on amboy road. he just delivered by nephew a month ago.

wouldn't that make him on SI?  

Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • i use dr. tubman at Gateway OBGYN...she is great as is her partners..she delivers at SIUH.  Her partner, dr spirer is very nice, and they have a midwife on staff, Betsy Lisi who is great too...

as for drs rapp and trentacosta, they are older, and prob wont be delivering much longer,...if you are just starting a family, i would reccomend someone that will be with you for the long haul...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also go to dr. tubman. Dr.spierer delivered my baby
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"