2nd Trimester
Options

Just bought Intelligender!

Ok, I know it might be a waste of money Embarrassed, but I am too obsessed to wait for my ultrasound- doc won't do them until 20 weeks.  From their website its $35, but I found it on ebay for $27! Here is the link if anyone wants to check it out!

https://www.intelligender.com/

Re: Just bought Intelligender!

• Options
    You know that there is no fetal DNA in your pee, right? Might be a waste of money = IS a waste of money, sorry.
  • Options

You just absolutely wasted your money.

Don't you think if there was a way to accurately tell the gender via your urine, people would be doing so in their OB's office long before the 20 week ultrasound?!?

I certainly hope you aren't going to start buying/painting things in pink or blue based on a ridiculous pee test that has just as much of a chance at being right as flipping a coin. ?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJCM083009:
    You know that there is no fetal DNA in your pee, right? Might be a waste of money = IS a waste of money, sorry.

This. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Its just for fun ladies. I bought it, not you, but thank you for your concern.

• Options
    imageSharonWantsABaby:

imageJCM083009:

This. 

This.  And why would anyone waste time getting an ultrasound if this actually worked. UGH.

• Options
    imagehisbride2be2:

I guess I fail to see the "fun" in that, maybe it's just me... Or the fun in wasting my money.  In your OP you said it "might work", that leads me to believe that you think it could possibly tell you the sex correctly and has me going Hmm

• Options
    imageBeeLove:
    imageSharonWantsABaby:

imageJCM083009:

This. 

This.  And why would anyone waste time getting an ultrasound if this actually worked. UGH.

Well... the ultrasound is meant to look for the development of your child... not the sex. I think too many people get caught up in the u/s gender discovery, and not enough concern about the actual health of their child.

• Options
    imageFutureHardings:
    imageBeeLove:
    imageSharonWantsABaby:

imageJCM083009:

This. 

I completely agree, but I'm saying if peeing on a stick = the sex of your baby, then there would be less ultrasound checks to confirm sex, etc.  Not to mention, we could all find out a lot sooner than 20 weeks (like 12 weeks, 8 weeks, 3 weeks).  It just seems so silly!

Well... the ultrasound is meant to look for the development of your child... not the sex. I think too many people get caught up in the u/s gender discovery, and not enough concern about the actual health of their child.

• Options
    imageFutureHardings:
    imageBeeLove:
    imageSharonWantsABaby:

imageJCM083009:

This. 

This is true, but I'd be willing to bet BeeLove meant more along the lines of looking forward to that big u/s to be able to find out the sex, etc.  I would hope she knows that it's not really just for that, or for that at all. ;) 

• Options
    imagehisbride2be2:

I bought it, not you

*gigglesnort*

• Options

Sorry...I don'tk now what why my post went in the middle of your post.  Annyway...I know why we all get the ultrasound at 20 weeks - to do a health check, but we could all save ourselves a lot of time if peeing on a stick actually worked.

I bet it's 50/50! :)

• Options

While being very accurate, ultrasounds aren't 100% either.

• Options
    imagehisbride2be2:

Of course not, but they have a CHANCE of being accurate! The only way that thing has a chance of being accurate it because there is a 50/50 shot it will tell you the right sex...that doesn't mean it predicted the sex of your baby. 

• Options
    imageBeeLove:

Sorry...I don'tk now what why my post went in the middle of your post.  Annyway...I know why we all get the ultrasound at 20 weeks - to do a health check, but we could all save ourselves a lot of time if peeing on a stick actually worked.

I should have clarified better... I didn't mean it to be towards you, the way the quote thing came out it seemed that way. I just meant to say that I get so sick of people saying that they can't wait until that "gender u/s," etc... and I just wish more people would be just as excited to make sure that their child is developing correctly.

And agreed... if we could find out the gender from peeing on a stick. I'm sure our OB's would have let us do this a long time ago. Duh!

• Options
    imageJCM083009:
    imagehisbride2be2:

I guess I fail to see the "fun" in that, maybe it's just me... Or the fun in wasting my money.  In your OP you said it "might work", that leads me to believe that you think it could possibly tell you the sex correctly and has me going Hmm

I don't see where I said, it "might work"...

• Options
    imagehisbride2be2:

Flushing money down the toilet = fun for his bride 

• Options
    imagehisbride2be2:
    imageJCM083009:
    imagehisbride2be2:

*facepalm* 

implied when you said that it "might be a waste of money"

• Options
    imagehisbride2be2:

But at least the ultrasound gender predictions are based on something physical/factual -- they are actually looking at your baby's parts to determine the sex rather than doing something that has absolutely nothing to do with your child's DNA. ?

• Options
    imageFutureHardings:
    imageBeeLove:

I should have clarified better... I didn't mean it to be towards you, the way the quote thing came out it seemed that way. I just meant to say that I get so sick of people saying that they can't wait until that "gender u/s," etc... and I just wish more people would be just as excited to make sure that their child is developing correctly.

And agreed... if we could find out the gender from peeing on a stick. I'm sure our OB's would have let us do this a long time ago. Duh!

No worries. :) I completely agree!! :)

• Options

I thought about buying it because we have a walgreens here and I think they carry them..but in the end i've decided not too.  We are having an elective ultrasound this thursday to get some pictures and some 3d done at the doctors office because DH's gramma has lung cancer and we don't thinks he will be here for the 20 week. 

They said with the 3d they will *probably* be able to tell gender, i'm not going to lie, i'm SOOOOO excited. 

Soo....what did it say, boy or girl!?

I do see the *fun* in it thogh, that is why i was going to do it.

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Options
    imagehisbride2be2:
    imageJCM083009:
    imagehisbride2be2:

Sorry, I meant this " I know it might be a waste of money".  Same difference.

• Options
    imagerealisticdreams:

I thought about buying it because we have a walgreens here and I think they carry them..but in the end i've decided not too.  We are having an elective ultrasound this thursday to get some pictures and some 3d done at the doctors office because DH's gramma has lung cancer and we don't thinks he will be here for the 20 week. 

They said with the 3d they will *probably* be able to tell gender, i'm not going to lie, i'm SOOOOO excited. 

Soo....what did it say, boy or girl!?

I do see the *fun* in it thogh, that is why i was going to do it.

That will be nice for your DH's gramma, I hope they can tell for you too...I just bought it tonight on ebay, hopefully will come in just a few days!

Good Luck with your us!

• Options
    Soap1Soap1 member

It doesn't actually look for DNA in urine.  It looks for hormones.

If you've ever heard the old wives tale that the hair on your legs grows faster if you're having a boy, it works on the same principal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageSoap1:

If you've ever heard the old wives tale that the hair on your legs grows faster if you're having a boy, it works on the same principal.

Exactly, b/c there isn't any DNA (from baby) in there. :) And hormones do not equal the sex.  I sooo get wanting to find out asap, but I will never understand how woman think this is so cool.  Like Soap says, it's the same as any other OWT. 

• Options
    Soap1Soap1 member

haha I agree with pp - half the stuff we buy is cash wasting!

I took intelligender a few times (I got a few tests free).  It's been consistently right since about 13 weeks along!

• Options
    imageSoap1:

I have never heard of that OWT and it was so very, very wrong then when I was pg with my son.  My hair growth everywhere slowed to a crawl.  And yeah, I get that it is an OWT.

As for the OP, if she wants to spend her money on that, then go ahead.  No harm, no foul.  It isn't like she spent your money to buy it.

imageimage
  • Options

I should have set up a website offering my services as a gender predictor. I'd love to make $30 off someone, and my guess at the gender has just as much a chance at being correct.

I'm missing out!

• Options
    What an absolute waste of money. GL with that.
  • Options

You are stupid.

• Options
    image2_cents:

You are stupid.

That wasn't necessary. You are rude.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"