Alabama Babies
Options

Katie

Am I imagining things or do I remember you knowing a lot about Savannah?  Me and Wes are trying to find a place to go for our anniversary/babymoon.  It'll be in July (yeah I know it's very hot then but the dates aren't flexible due to his work).  I really want to stay in either a B&B or a quaint little inn...not really wanting a chain hotel you know?  We'll are going for 4 days 3 nights.  Any recs? 

Re: Katie

• Options
    aubie96aubie96 member

yes, been MANY times.

The River Street Inn is where we usually stayed.  Quaint little Inn right on the river and the staff were ALWAYS great. 

It will be hot but I guess as a native Floridian I never really noticed!!!  ha ha

There are some great hotels/inns, etc. all along the same/main road off the river.  So any of those you probably couldn't go wrong.

Make sure to go to Forsyth park (where the fountain is), all the squares, walk around a lot, etc.

I can get my good friend to give some recs too if you'd like.

• Options
    Any recs would be appreciated...I'm a planner lol.  Especially food recs....and we'd like to take a trolley tour to kind of get our bearings.  Is one better than the other?  Also we are wanting to drive to Tybee Island one day...do you know how long it takes to get there from Savannah?  From what I can tell not to far but I'm not a good judger of distance lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This was a list I complied based on recommendations by friends. Matt and I just went in April. We loved it!! We stayed at the Double Tree. Good luck!! Savannah is GREAT!! We didn't get to everthing on the list but did most!!

Attractions:

• Owens Thomas House
    • Old Savannah Tours - Carriage Ride Tour
    • The Haunted Sorrel-Weed House - 912-236-8888
    • Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
    • Haunted Oatland Island
    • Mercer House
    • Tybee Island
    • Bonaventure Cemetery ? on the way to Tybee Island
    • Fort Pulaski

Breakfast:

• Mrs. Wilks Dining Room
    • The Breakfast Club

Dinner:

• The Lady and Son?s (Paula Dean)
    • Belford?s
    • Olde Pink House
    • Saphire Grill
    • The Crab Shack ? Tybee Island
    • Fannies on the Beach ? Tybee Island

Bar/Pub

• Jazz'd
    • Vinny Van Go Go?s
    • Six Pence Pub

Sweets:

• Ice Cream Shop down from Paul Dean?s
    • Savannah Candy Company

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks Lindsey!  
  • Options
    aubie96aubie96 member

Lindsey's rec's are GREAT!!!

I don't know that I'd do a tour if you find the info from the locals (as the hotel/inn staff, they are usually nice about helping you w/this) as the tours can sometimes be very pricey.

Tybee is close but I can't remember how close - you could def go for a day.  I'd even tack on an extra day if you can?!!?!?

HIGHLY rec'd doing the Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil sites - my mom and I did this the year the movie came out.  We did everything on our own (almost saw Lady Chablis!!!!, look her up and see when/if she's performing as she's HILARIOUS, FYI she's a drag queen).  The Inn told us ALL the sites to see, where they were, etc. and it saved us LOTS of money.  Do not ask the locals (asking where you stay is fine) as they don't like the publicity from this book since a lot of it is negative since someone was murdered - makes sense of course.

I wasn't impressed w/Paula Dean's restaurant, but that's just me.  Plus you better get reservations WAY in advance if that's what you want to do.  But I wasn't impressed w/Emeril's either.  Now her brother, Bubba has a restaurant on the way to Tybee that is WONDERFUL - best shrimp and grits I've had in MY LIFE.

I'll ask my friend who grew up there what else to do there.

You'll love it and want to move there.  I LOVE Savannah and Charleston.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"