South Florida Babies
Options

how do know if she's sick?

I've been really sick the last few dys and have been trying really hard not to get her sick.  But last night, she was up the whole night.  When i would get her to fall asleep, the minute I put her in the crib, she would wake up sobbing.  And not the angry scream/fake cry... a real, tearful cry.  She doesn't have a fever but she sounds a little congested.  She's been kind of fine this morning, except when she gets a little tired she starts bawling.  I never had a fever, but i started with a terrible sore throat and no congestion.  If she were in pain, wouldn't she be crying majority of the time?  Ah... I'm just being a really paranoid worried mommy!  lol  anything i can do to prevent her from getting worse if it's just a ltitle cold?  A humidifier?  Dry or wet? 

Re: how do know if she's sick?

• Options

Is she drinking?  If her throat hurt, it would bother her to swallow.

I have a Vick's humidifier - I can't remember the exact name but it's small and it was like $20 at Walgreens.  It's the kind that you can put a little tab of medicated vicks in and it releases it into the air.  It has 3 settings and also a night light.  I use it when she's been congested.  I asked my Dr to make sure it was ok to use and she said it was fine.  I'll try to ifind a pic.  

image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

everytime mady has woke up crying like what you just described it has lead to an ear infection.

i have a cool mist humidifier (the vicks one) hooked up in her room permanently b/c when i notice just a little bit of a cough i turn that sucker on!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto Leanna. If she has a sore throat she wouldn't be able to drink. It could also be teething. The only time Mikey wakes up in the middle of the night is when he's in teething pain. When he's sick he tends to sleep A LOT!!!
  • Options
    aah i can't wait until she's old enough to just say "mommy, it hurts HERE!"  lol
  • Options

Alexis has only had 2 ear infections but both times they have been accompanied by fever.  Even the ear pulling and tugging has been a signal of teething to me, not ear infection - and I know this because of several wasted trips to the pedi!!  

Evelyn - did Mady have fever with ear infections or not every time?  

image image

• Options
    Same thing with us. We've only had 2 ear infections and both times it started with a fever.
  • Options
    imageMrsLeanna:

Alexis has only had 2 ear infections but both times they have been accompanied by fever.  Even the ear pulling and tugging has been a signal of teething to me, not ear infection - and I know this because of several wasted trips to the pedi!!  

Evelyn - did Mady have fever with ear infections or not every time?  

overnight it has always been tears of fear with mady - which i had always related to teething and every single time i took her to the pedi it was an ear infection. no leanna, a fever has not always followed an ear infection with mady. i notice it b/c of her faint cry and the finger going all the way inside her ear!

• Options
    imageCesEve99:

overnight it has always been tears of fear with mady - which i had always related to teething and every single time i took her to the pedi it was an ear infection. no leanna, a fever has not always followed an ear infection with mady. i notice it b/c of her faint cry and the finger going all the way inside her ear!

Isn't it funny how they're all different!! The same symptoms in Alexis are teething! 

image image

• Options
    tell me about it! thats why i never hesitate to at least call the pedi and get their opinion - since mady is prone to ear infections im always paranoid :(
  • Options
    See, she has none of those symptoms!  It's just a sobbing cry.  And I think she's starting to get into this separation anxiety stage b/c she'll see me and then I'll turn the corner and she starts to bawl. 
  • Options

You can also do the vapor/ steam baths. You put the water in the shower steaming hot, sit on the toilet with her and just hang out for 15 minutes. This helps her congestion relief a little.

When Gaby started teething she would ALWAYS get fevers. Everytime a tooth made it's appreanace so did her fevers. I calmed them down with Motrin and a nice bath. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"