Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How much of a diff did Fenugreek make...

If you started taking Fenugreek, how much more did you produce? Are you taking this so you have extra milk or to make enough for LO?

TIA!

Re: How much of a diff did Fenugreek make...

• started it Saturday and my supply has gone up by about 50%. I'm taking it because we had to switch to EPing due to reflux and I can't produce as much as the nutritionist wants her to take, and I'm trying to reduce the amount of formula supplementation I have to do to meet that number.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejulia0402:
    started it Saturday and my supply has gone up by about 50%. I'm taking it because we had to switch to EPing due to reflux and I can't produce as much as the nutritionist wants her to take, and I'm trying to reduce the amount of formula supplementation I have to do to meet that number.

wow! 50%?! Crazy! If I could do that I could lay off the formula too.

• Loading the player...
  • I did it to increase my milk to have extra milk and it helped a bit, but i had to stop because DD was really gassy from it.  The maple syrup smell was pretty icky too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Didn't work for me at all.  I tried it alone and with blessed thistle and had no change.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • did nothing for me. i gave up on it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • CA2006CA2006 member

imageMeg41208:
    I did it to increase my milk to have extra milk and it helped a bit, but i had to stop because DD was really gassy from it.  The maple syrup smell was pretty icky too.

Me, too.  DS was too gassy for it ot be worth it.  He was more uncomfortable with BM that contained fenugreek than with formula.  not worth it.

• imageSarahb34743:

imagejulia0402:
    started it Saturday and my supply has gone up by about 50%. I'm taking it because we had to switch to EPing due to reflux and I can't produce as much as the nutritionist wants her to take, and I'm trying to reduce the amount of formula supplementation I have to do to meet that number.

wow! 50%?! Crazy! If I could do that I could lay off the formula too.

I'm also doing power pumps after C goes to bed and I have a feeling that is the main reason for the increase... I pump every 3 hours round the clock too.
  • imagejulia0402:
    I'm also doing power pumps after C goes to bed and I have a feeling that is the main reason for the increase... I pump every 3 hours round the clock too.

I pump every 3hrs at work and the amount I get decreses(sp) as the day goes on. I started out with 4oz this morning and just got 2! It sucks and its not enough for him the following day. I dont pump at home because I carpool and my machine is some huge @ss loaner from WIC, its heavy and cumbersom so I bring it to work Mon and bring it home Fri

• yo.mamayo.mama member
    I was taking 6 capsules a day for low supply, but it hasn't been enough. I'm up to 9 capsules a day plus 9 of blessed thistle. Not much of a change yet, but I just upped everything over the weekend.
  • imageSarahb34743:

imagejulia0402:

I pump every 3hrs at work and the amount I get decreses(sp) as the day goes on. I started out with 4oz this morning and just got 2! It sucks and its not enough for him the following day. I dont pump at home because I carpool and my machine is some huge @ss loaner from WIC, its heavy and cumbersom so I bring it to work Mon and bring it home Fri

This is exactly what I was getting before the fenugreek. It's normal to have the first pump of the day be the biggest!
  • btw, how much does this cost and where did you find it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"