Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Brown spotting instead of AF?

I am on my 3rd cycle off of BCP after 11 years so I have no idea what my period is or will be like and I know it takes a while to even out after coming off of BCP. 

I'm not charting but I had a +OPK 2 weeks ago so I am expecting AF at any time.  I have had sore breasts and cramps this whole week and since Tuesday I have been experiencing brown spotting...enough to wear and change a pany liner several times a day.  It's (TMI) not really liquid but more of a brown discharge that I usually experience at the end of a period.  Anyway, my question is:  could this be my period for this month?  Have you ever had just brown and never any red flow?  Is this just another wacky coming off of BCP side effect? TIA

imageimage

Re: Brown spotting instead of AF?

• Options
    MSC03MSC03 member
    Did you POAS?
    imageimage
  • Options
    I get this anywhere from 2-7 days before AF.  I've heard it could be low progesterone, weak ovulation, just "normal" for certain people... if it happens for several months I'd talk to your doctor.  GL
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had breakthrough bleeding after an anovulatory cycle that was like that.  Just a few days of spotting mostly pink or brown.  This doesn't sound like it was after an anovulatory cycle (mine was over 60 days).

I say POAS, just in case you could be pg, and then start charting.  Even if it's mid cycle, it will give you a better idea of what is going on.  HTH GL 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'd POAS. Spotting is common in early pg. Or, it could be leading up to AF. Two of my SILs didn't know they were pg until like 6 weeks because they assumed the spotting was AF.

• Options
    i always have this every month for about 4 days before AF shows.
  • Options
    I would POAS just to be sure. I have had the same for several cycles now and they were cause of anovulation.
  • Options

It is pretty normal for me to have brown spotting 2-8 days before AF.  Without charting it is hard to have any real answers.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
  • Options
    M&M&RM&M&R member

Yup, I POAS this AM and it was negative.

Thanks for the replies, it's comforting to know that some other people (bride2b) get this too.  Like I said, I was on the pill for so long I don't know what's normal yet and I hadn't had this issue the past couple of cycles.  Well, if it is AF coming, I wish she'd just show up already!  What I've got going on now is pretty nasty!

imageimage
  • Options
    I had this happen a couple of cycles.  I was on bcp for 12 years, and my first few cycles were just as normal as before, but then I started getting them with several days of brown spotting before or after af.
  • Options

It might be a while before you get to really know your body, and know what is "normal" for you with AF. 

For me, I was on BCPs for so long that I really forgot what AF was like.  SO it can take a while before you really know what to expect.

GL!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Ever since I went off BCP in November I've had 1-4 days of brown spotting leading up to AF. This is something I never had prior to being on BCP.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageM&M&R:

Yup, I POAS this AM and it was negative.

Thanks for the replies, it's comforting to know that some other people (bride2b) get this too.  Like I said, I was on the pill for so long I don't know what's normal yet and I hadn't had this issue the past couple of cycles.  Well, if it is AF coming, I wish she'd just show up already!  What I've got going on now is pretty nasty!

yeah.. i didn't start having this until Jan (several months off of BCP). (and never had it before i was on BCP).  i've talked to my dr. about it quite a bit...(cause it's annoying) and she didn't seemed worried.  she even did CD21 blood work and said "i was nice and ovulatory, and progesterone was great".  so... i dont know!  but yes...i have it for at least 2 days before AF since Jan.

• Options
    tct1219tct1219 member
    sounds like you're just adjusting to not being on bcp. it can take a while for your body and cycles to regulate. everyone is different, though, you'll just have to either test or wait to find out.
  • Options
    This may be late, but I had the exact same thing happen to me my first cycle off bc. I counted it as a period bc it started Tuesday and lasted till Sat and then went away. I just thought it was a really light period bc I was not ovulating, so I started charting. Anyways, I hope that helps. Oh and mine happened after 41 days.
    Baby boy, you are forever loved and missed. 19 weeks 2 days 10/14/09 Partial Molar Pregnancy Lucas Glenn 12/18/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"