New York Babies

pls recommend ob/gyn in manhattan

tia

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: pls recommend ob/gyn in manhattan

• I got Westcare Medical, and have been really happy with them so far. They're on the UWS (93rd and Central Park West), and deliver at Roosevelt Hospital.

It's a small practice of 4 female doctors, and while you see your primary doc for the first 20 weeks, you rotate through the others for your remaining appointments so you're familiar with whoever is on call.

www.westcaremedical.org

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I loved mine, Dr Amaru.  All female practice on UES, affiliated with Mt Sinai.  Group is Brasner, Blumberg & Amaru.  Downside is that they dont take too many types of insurance.

Good luck

• Loading the player...
  • I also go to West Care Medical. They're wonderful.
  • I see Dr. Kaufman on the UES(72nd and York). Delivery at New York Pres. Hospital. I had my first baby with that practice and now I am seeing her again w/ my second. A different doc. deliveried my baby but you can see all the docs in the practice towards the end of your pregnancy. She has a great bedside manner. Always time for any questions. Dr.Boester is wonderful too, and I like Dr.Jin but sometimes I have trouble understanding her b/c she has a bit of an accent. She did my son's circumcision and was very nurturing. I was  wreck!
  • I recommend Drs. Brasner, Blumberg and Amaru also!!!!!! All three have experiences in multiple births, fertility issues, and even using Gestational Carriers (which I'm doing). They don't take my insurance, but I love them so much, I don't care!!!

Plus, Dr. Amaru was quoted in a recent magazine with Drew Barrymoore recently. Dr. Brasner wrote a book too. I've seen Dr. Brasner and Dr. Blumberg. Dr. Amaru recently returned from materinty leave.

They really care about you, your baby, and the delivery. They take care of you from beginning to finish, and NEVER kick you out quickly. They always take teh time to get to know you and maek you feel comfortable. Plus their office walls are littered with pictures of babies they've delivered. So cute.

• To the November mommy above, Congratulations!  I'm glad that your experience with Drs B, B & A are just as excellent as mine were! 

As for all the recommended ob/gyn's, they are all excellent! 

A coworker of mine goes to Dr Lurie at Westcare Medical and she LOVES her and the practice.  She had twins and did not have a c-section, apparently Dr L doesnt push c-sections, good to hear since many drs do.

One of my best friends delivered with Dr Boester and loves that practice as well.  She also had the same exact feeling about Dr Jin....

• imageFungster:

A coworker of mine goes to Dr Lurie at Westcare Medical and she LOVES her and the practice.  She had twins and did not have a c-section, apparently Dr L doesnt push c-sections, good to hear since many drs do.

I would agree with this. I haven't given birth yet, but from my very first appointment, Dr. Lurie was explaining how their on-call system helps keep the rate of C-sections low (basically, they have one doctor fully on call every day, with the following day off). So it's important to them!

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love the team at East Side OBGYN on park & east 93 st. ?There are 4 female dr.'s there, there is never a wait, & they always call me back/email me right away when I need them. ?they also have a very low c-section & episiodomy rate which is impt in nyc. ?they deliver at mt. sinai.
  • I love my doctor, Kelly Greening with Weill Cornell. They are a group of 6 female doctors all specially picked and trained to be in this group. They have offices on 68th and York, where the hospital is located, and they have another office on 72nd between CPW and Columbus. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"