1st Trimester
Options

Girls with Big Boobs!

My boobs were big to start with, but are now HUGE (and my back is killing me)!  My DH keeps telling me to go get a new bra but I don't even know where to start.

Does anyone have a recomendation for good, big supportive bra for a large growing chest?  TIA!

Re: Girls with Big Boobs!

• Options
    JARbabyJARbaby member

What do you consider big. You are not big if you can buy anything at VS.

I love jms.com esp for nursing bras. I was a DD pre, an F during and an H after (they never went down)

• Options
    I would recommend going to a lingerie store where you can be measured properly and they might be able to recommend a good style.  Nursing bras might be worth looking into as well.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get mine at Lane Bryant. I love thier Balcanotte Bra's. They are great support for me.
  • Options
    I shop at Lane Bryant. I need to go buy a new bra and it is where I will be going this weekend to get it.
    Alexander David
    my blog
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Right now, I'm using extenders.  I've definitely gone up a size or two but, it's stilll so early I don't want to buy bras only to have to go buy even larger ones in another couple of months.
    the boymom is expecting a girl!
    big brothers 12.2009 and 02.2012
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageJARbaby:

I love jms.com esp for nursing bras. I was a DD pre, an F during and an H after (they never went down)

They might not seem that big, but I have a small frame.  I am a size six with 38DD prior to the baby and I really don't know what I am now so I guess getting measured would be a good start. 

I told DH I was getting a reduction when I'm done with all the baby making.

• Options
    I haven't got anything from VS since HS.  They are not supportive at all for me.
  • Options
    Lane Bryant is a good suggestion, and they definitely carry your size +.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Options

I have big boobs (DD's) and mine were swollen during 1st Tri and then went back to normal.  I think mine may be the exception to the rule.  I usually buy bras at Lane Bryant because of the big "girls", even though I don't shop there for clothing.  You may want to try there until you need nursing bras.

• Options
    imagepolicewife08:
    imageJARbaby:

I told DH I was getting a reduction when I'm done with all the baby making.

LOL, I told my hubby the same thing! 

Alexander David
    my blog
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm known for dragging friends to Nordy's for a fitting and proper bra.  I highly recommend it.  I kind of figure that one good, $60 is worth more than three crappy $20 bras.  Do yourself the favor!  Regularly, I'm a 34G and love the Fantasie balconette there.  I'm terrified to hear that you guys are getting larger breasts in the first tri!  Wink  I was hoping to put it off a while.
  • Options

DDD

I like the Lilyette minimizer (Macy's) right now but I know I will need a nursing bra eventually. I'll deal w/that when i get there.  

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I 2nd Nordstrom for a proper fitting and great bras. I was a 32DDD (equivalent to 32F) pre-BFP and my boobs are still fitting in there, but it's starting to get a little snug. I love Le Mystere and Chantelle, both of which Nordstrom carries. www.barenecessities.com is also a great resource. You can search by bra size and style to find exactly what you are looking for.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Tonya_GTonya_G member

imagejensandchrisc:
    I'm known for dragging friends to Nordy's for a fitting and proper bra.  I highly recommend it.  I kind of figure that one good, $60 is worth more than three crappy $20 bras.  Do yourself the favor!  Regularly, I'm a 34G and love the Fantasie balconette there.  I'm terrified to hear that you guys are getting larger breasts in the first tri!  Wink  I was hoping to put it off a while.

Mine didn't get any bigger with DS, nor have they gotten bigger this time around- you might not necessarily get bigger boobs.

And to the OP, I ditto Lane Bryants balconette bras- they're fantastic and comfy!

• Options
    imageJARbaby:

she's right VS is So not a large chested gals friend. i just abought a very comfy nursing bra. it only cost me $20. score. they only come in s-m-l-xl sizes though, but i have a lg chest and a sm ribcage so it worked great for me.

• Options

I 2nd Nordstrom for a proper fitting and great bras. I was a 32DDD (equivalent to 32F) pre-BFP and my boobs are still fitting in there, but it's starting to get a little snug. I love Le Mystere and Chantelle, both of which Nordstrom carries. www.barenecessities.com is also a great resource. You can search by bra size and style to find exactly what you are looking for.

?

?Chantelle is my favorite bra brand, and the nordsrtom girls are so nice and will find you the perfect bra!!! I haven worn VS bras since I was 16, I am not looking forward to my boobies getting any bigger (knock on wood they havent so far) but when they do I will def be going back to Nordstrom!!

• Options

imagejensandchrisc:
    I'm known for dragging friends to Nordy's for a fitting and proper bra.? I highly recommend it.? I kind of?figure that one good, $60 is worth more than three crappy $20 bras.? Do yourself the favor!? Regularly, I'm a 34G and love the Fantasie balconette there.? I'm terrified to hear that you guys are getting larger breasts in the first tri!? Wink? I was hoping to put it off a while.

This.

Nordstrom is where I get all of my bras. ?My favorite is a Natori underwire because they're so supportive.?

• Options
    Thanks everyone!  I think I might try Nordstrom this weekend.  I agree it is expensive but TOTALLY worth it!  I appreciate everyone's comments.
  • Options
    imageJARbaby:

Yes

• Options

cacique!!!  its lane bryants bra line and the "best" bras out there.  they're supportive, comfy and actually very pretty.  i love the blaconette style, personally. 

i'm generally a 38 and range anywhere from a D to a DDD cup size, fwiw.

here, cacique has its own store attached to lane bryant..not sure that's the case everywhere.

GL

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I just switched to nursing bras and they are HEAVEN!  I'm sure I'll have to buy more later in the pg as I grow, but I just couldn't take it anymore.  The ones I got are no underwire, soft cup padded (so no show-through) and are actually very supportive.  I got them at Sears believe it or not!  I was a 32F before pg and not sure my size now, but I got the 38DD because I'm much thicker around and they feel good so far.  Although I don't think they will last longer than a few months.

https://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_018J0304000P?vName=Clothing&cName=Maternity&keyword=nursing+bras

BFP #1 = 12/23/08 M/C = 1/5/09 @ 6 w 0 d
    BFP #2 = 3/30/09 DD born 12/9/09
    BFP #3 = 5/17/11 EDD = 1/27/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    18 months
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageRebandJake:

I just switched to nursing bras and they are HEAVEN!  I'm sure I'll have to buy more later in the pg as I grow, but I just couldn't take it anymore.  The ones I got are no underwire, soft cup padded (so no show-through) and are actually very supportive.  I got them at Sears believe it or not!  I was a 32F before pg and not sure my size now, but I got the 38DD because I'm much thicker around and they feel good so far.  Although I don't think they will last longer than a few months.

https://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_018J0304000P?vName=Clothing&cName=Maternity&keyword=nursing+bras

Thanks!!!  I'm going to check this out too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"