Detroit Babies
Options

Local Pregnancy Pilates or Yoga Classes?

Is anyone signing up for local pregnancy exercise classes?  I'm interested, but not sure how to find anything.  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Local Pregnancy Pilates or Yoga Classes?

• Options
    I'm interested in taking classes and also don't know how to go about that...I'm from the Macomb area so i'll be watching this thread.  TIA! 
  • Options
    I've heard Namaste Yoga in Royal Oak has a great prenatal class- two of my friends highly recommended them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Lynn Shuck, one of the women who teaches the prenatal class at Namaste (the afternoon class), also teaches a class at Livernois and South Boulevard on Saturday mornings, at 10am.  She is a FANTASTIC teacher, knows a ton about the pregnant body and how to modify poses for the pregnant body, and she teaches a great style of yoga that helps you to be comfortable and healthy during pregnancy.  I have three pregnant students who are taking the class right now, and love her! 

The class is at the Waldorf school on the northwest corner, and she charges significantly less for that class than Namaste does (and you're getting the same teacher!).

I would recommend that you check out what kind of training any instructor has had in "prenatal" stuff...as many yoga instructors who work at healthclubs routinely have 200 hour courses where they learn no modifications and no supported adjustments.  THat is super important when you are in their class and need help--and they don't have the training to help you properly!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"