Baby Names
Options

Sarah

I never see people naming their daughter Sarah. I know it used to be very popular, but not anymore. WDYT? Just curious.

Re: Sarah

• Options

I like it. It's plain, simple and classic.

I think a lot of people avoid it because it was crazy popular for awhile.

It's off of our list because my bfs name is Sarah and I have a cousin with that name.

• Options
    it was #5 in the 80s, i think it's that thing where a name has to fade away for 4 generations before it gets popular again. it will probably come back after the 'old fashioned' name trend of right now goes away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sarah was one of our top choices, but we chose Emma because it was a family name
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Sarah is a very nice name.Yes
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    :::Coming out of lurking mode to say::: Sarah was #18 in 2007 according to the Social Security Administration, so I think it's still pretty popular. My cousin just named her baby Sarah and here are three others at her day care in Dallas.

• Options
    I know so many from age range 2- 25. I don't like it at all, very plain and boring.
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member

imageamandarene112:
    :::Coming out of lurking mode to say::: Sarah was #18 in 2007 according to the Social Security Administration, so I think it's still pretty popular. My cousin just named her baby Sarah and here are three others at her day care in Dallas.

Interesting! Thanks for that. ?

• Options
    I like this name a lot, but do agree it is a tad on the plain side.  I prefer the spelling Sara though.  I don't see it alot out here in NJ or even NY for that matter so I think popularity may be region specific.   
  • Options
    Sarah is pretty popular in my area. I know a few Sarahs. I think it's just one of those names that comes and goes in waves.
    Blank!
  • Options
    I like it but It' s my SIL and BFF's name.
  • Options

imagekristen230:
    I know so many from age range 2- 25. I don't like it at all, very plain and boring.

I agree-

• Options

imageAllThatGlitters101:
    Sarah is pretty popular in my area. I know a few Sarahs. I think it's just one of those names that comes and goes in waves.

Ditto.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think Sarah's a great name. One of best friends is named Sara, though, so I am a little biased. I think it's one of those names that used to be really popular that isn't used as much any more (like Jennifer or Michelle).
  • Options
    I love this name.  I would totally consider it.
  • Options
    It's my name...I don't love it or hate it.  But it is better than the other names my mother said she had in mind for me.  I was also named after my grandmother.  I would spell it with an "h" though, because Sara looks like it is missing something to me...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It was on our short list for girl names.  However, we couldn't resist finding out the gender, and found out we were boy, so it obviously wouldn't work now - hehe.  Never know - if the next one is a girl.....we thought it was pretty and not over-used.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"