Baby Showers

Favor Ideas?

Two of my good friends are throwing me a shower this June (friend shower), and I offered to do the favors since they are already doing so much. I would like to do something fun/unique that people can take home. Anyone have some good ideas or places to look? I have started checking out etsy, and have a few ideas so far:

small metal watering can with plant

soaps or bath bombs in a little tin  

If you have any ideas, or anything you have seen that is fun, that would be awesome! I don't think they are doing a theme for the shower, but I know that they are pulling together our nursery colors (lime green, chocolate, and aqua).

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Re: Favor Ideas?

• I ordered a bunch of these for my shower. They are unique and cute at the same time. Plus the woman who does them is wonderful!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6771509

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are doing those yogurt covered pretzels in cellophane baggies, tied with a ribbon and a tag. I asked my in-laws to not make a huge fuss over our shower, keep it simple!

• Loading the player...
  • You can get really cheap tins from walmart and put bath accessories in them. Tie a note to the handle that says from baby's shower to yours. Cute and inexpensive!
  • Jules GJules G member
    imagemani_and_me:

We are doing those yogurt covered pretzels in cellophane baggies, tied with a ribbon and a tag. I asked my in-laws to not make a huge fuss over our shower, keep it simple!

We are doing the same thing except with chocolate covered pretzels. I always try to do something edible that people can snack on while they are there. The other stuff is cute, but what do you do with it when you get home? It just sits & I?usually?end up throwing it away because I get sick of looking at it. Edible, I always go with edible...?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The plantable items the one pp suggested is really a nice idea for a June shower.  Otherwise I would do something edible.  People are allergic (or just don't like) lotions, bath gels, etc. and other things just get tossed or thrown in a drawer.  At my DD's shower her hostess ordered cookies, wrapped them in a cellophane bag with a thank you poem attached and handed them out as the people were leaving.

• my shower was last wknd and they did rubber ducky sugar cookies that everyone loved and purse-size umbrellas, which everyone thought was an awesome idea.  they were wrapped in tissue & cellophane with a nice bow.
  • I think that i am going to make sugar cookies for mine...  And have them decorated really cute!  Just as a little added extra, and to surprise my fantastic hostesses with a small contribution from me! 
  • imageJules G:
    imagemani_and_me:

We are doing those yogurt covered pretzels in cellophane baggies, tied with a ribbon and a tag. I asked my in-laws to not make a huge fuss over our shower, keep it simple!

We are doing the same thing except with chocolate covered pretzels. I always try to do something edible that people can snack on while they are there. The other stuff is cute, but what do you do with it when you get home? It just sits & I usually end up throwing it away because I get sick of looking at it. Edible, I always go with edible... 

Yes. And it is very reasonable priced!! I think you can get a 5lb bag from bulk foods dot com for less than $20.

• For our bridal shower the favors were Bath & Body Glycerin soaps with the "From our shower to yours" tags.  I have to agree that people like edibles for the most part.  You can do a lot of edible stuff for cheap.  I like to make chocolate covered oreos (sprinkled with pink or blue if you want).  Put a couple in a bag or box and call it a day. 
  • I'm thinking of doing caramel apples from Rocky Mountain. Caramel with white and pink or blue chocolate drizzled around the caramel depending on the gender. they will be wrapped in clear cello paper tied with a matching ribbon with a personalized sticker on front
  • imagemsyates03:
    I'm thinking of doing caramel apples from Rocky Mountain. Caramel with white and pink or blue chocolate drizzled around the caramel depending on the gender. they will be wrapped in clear cello paper tied with a matching ribbon with a personalized sticker on front

I LOVE this idea, but when I'd looked at them a while back, they were like $5-9 a pop, which was too much for me! For my SIL's shower in August, I think I'm going to make cake balls, drizzled w/either the pink or blue. Should cost about $15 for all supplies, including cello bags, ribbon, and tags or stickers.

Oh yeah, I do agree, edible is the way to go. I HATE being wasteful but admit I've tossed almost every non-edible favor - except for candles and a melon baller (which we thought was an odd favor at the time, but 6 years later we still use it)....

• I went with cookie cutters.. half of them cradles anf the other half bottles... This site is cheap they were like 0.59 each..

https://www.favorwarehouse.com/pc/D3506/baby-shower-silver-favors/Baby+Carriage+Cookie+Cutter.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"