Canada Babies
Options

Essential Baby Items?

We started looking this weekend and there is so much you can get for your little one! What are the essentials? What are the things we have to have for when babe gets here?

Also, we started looking  at strollers. Are there any other stores in the GTA besides Sears and Babies R Us where we can look?

Thanks so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Essential Baby Items?

• Options

I love my moby wrap, Rainforest bouncer, swing, bottle drying rack, Itzbeen timer, My Brest Friend pillow for BFing, Boppy for propping DS up, and bottle warmer (DS takes bottles at all temps, we usually feed him room temp bottles...  it''s so much more convenient to have the warmer than trying to warm a refrigerated bottle in a bowl of water or under running water, imo).  I love cloth diapers as burp cloths and side snap tees where sooo useful in the very beginning when DS was so floppy.  Sleepers are a must too.  Having gas drops and saline drops on hand were also life savers.

We don't have a stroller yet, we got a Graco Snugrider Snap n Go, and I love it.

DS was about 8 weeks when he noticed his mobile (Tiny Love Symphony in Motion) and he loooooves it.  We couldn't live without that now.

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm not sure where you are in the GTA but you should check out Safety Superstore in Mississauga. It's at Dundas & 403 and they have all the items out so you can see and try them - which is really important. I persoanlly think they have a lot more stuff then what it actually necessary but at least you can see it all. The website is https://www.babyproofingplus.com/

My essentials are washcloths and bibs - I have a pukey baby! Diaper shirts (those are the undershirts that don't go over the baby's head, walmart carries them 3 for $10. Sleepers with zippers - in those early days I hated fumbling with little snaps. I really liked my breast feeding pillow - but not for breastfeeding! I used it for like 3-4 weeks to sit on because I had a lot of pain from stitches. - Never actually used it for BFing, I didn't find it helped me.I kind of felt bad when the friend who gave it to us as a gift saw me sitting on it, but my tush thanked her! I also loved Swaddle Me blankets ($14.99 each). DD really needed to be swaddled to sleep well but I could never get the blanket swaddles right, she always broke out!

I agree with PP about the gas and saline drops - you don't want to have to run out inthe middle of the night for those! 

Good luck and happy shopping! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    For stores, there is Dearborn Baby (dearbornbaby.com) and also Baby Land which is in Vaughan mills. I got lots of stuff from Dearborn, they have great selection there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"