San Diego Babies

Needing Pregnant Females?

I am in a situation that I'm sure many women find themselves in at some point. I am 24 years old and have only been married for 8 months, but I recently discovered I was pregnant! This of course is very exciting news, but it has some interesting consequences. For one, most of my friends aren't married, much less pregnant and while a few will always be my friends, many will become less prominent, if you know what I mean. Plus, I will get to be a stay-at-home-mom, which is awesome, but it means I have less human interaction time at work. So now, I am on the lookout for other women who might be in my shoes or are just looking to expand their friend horizons. I am interested in maybe starting some kind of San Diego bump group, like the book club that the knotties do. What do you all think? I would be totally okay with coordinating if I could get some interest going . . . reply and let me know what you think!

Re: Needing Pregnant Females?

• Hi!  I'm going to be a SD mommy, but am currently living in Colorado.  I was just thinking that I wanted to make sure to make some connections while I'm KU so that when the baby comes, I don't end up just sitting in my house all alone with the baby all day!!

Anyway, I would love to chat or get together once I move out there (late Sept).  For now, though, I could just be a long distance connection :)

I'm 28, and have been married for about 4 1/2 years.  We are from San Diego (grew up in PQ), and are moving back to be closer to family when we start our family.

• Sounds great to me! I actually live in PQ and my husband grew up here. He and his two older sisters went to Mt. Carmel, he graduated in 2000, so maybe ya'll know each other.

Anyway, perhaps we should continue our conversation over email so that when you come out in September we can get together easier? My email is kellyincali@gmail.com. I'm excited that you answered the call! 

• Loading the player...
  • Hi! I'm totally in the same boat! It's reassuring to hear someone feeling the same way :) I'm 27 and my husband and I (married 3 years) moved to San Diego last year from Australia, so a lot of our family and friends are far far away (he's Aussie, I'm a Nor Cal native). Most of my friends here are great, but living the single PB party life :)  I was thinking prenatal yoga classes would be a great place to meet other girls in the same situation, but for now I'm still going to my normal classes. I'm also due in December. I'm sure we're not the only ones looking for new friends who can understand constant BOTB ;) Maybe a meet up for beach walks or (decaf) coffee? I'd love to get touch!
  • Hi Ladies & welcome! I'd love to do things to meet more people- especially other moms!!!  :)  I'm 28 and live in Mira Mesa... a beach walk sounds super fun!! :) 
  • Hi! I'm in the same boat and would love to meet mothers-to-be in San Diego!  I'm 27 and live in La Jolla/UTC area.  My husband and I have been married for 2 1/2 years and are expecting our first baby in November. Going for a walk or prenatal yoga class sounds great!
  • I found this group over the weekend, and it looks really cool!  You guys should check it out and let me know how it is :)

https://www.meetup.com/thematernitygroupsandiego/

• imageezralite0:

Sounds great to me! I actually live in PQ and my husband grew up here. He and his two older sisters went to Mt. Carmel, he graduated in 2000, so maybe ya'll know each other.

Anyway, perhaps we should continue our conversation over email so that when you come out in September we can get together easier? My email is kellyincali@gmail.com. I'm excited that you answered the call! 

hey, just wanted to let you know that I just sent you an email!

•  

To Martina81--Oh how funny, I was reading your reply to this post and I thought it was MINE, since we're both started our message with "I'm in the same boat" plus also being 27, married 21/2 years and living in La Jolla/UTC area!!! I'm one month behind you in due dates though:) Where in La Jolla/UTC are you? My husband and I live in La Jolla Colony right off the La Jolla Colony/Gilman exit. I have 2 little dogs that I walk pretty much everyday through Rose Canyon and theLa Jolla Colony park. Would you like to exchange emails or cell numbers and set up a walk sometime?  Any one else in the area, feel free to reply as well :)

• To Aussiebaby-  We do have a lot in common... and we live so close to each other! My husband and I live at La Jolla Terrace on Gilman!  We have a yorkie but it sounds like he is not as lucky as your dogs!  We walk him on Gilman :)  I'd love to get together! I'll send you a message with my contact info.   

• I live in Bonita and have been married since June.  The first one of my friends to get married - the next is this summer, and also the first to get pregnant.  I'd like to meet people with the pregnancy thing in common.  Unfortunately I will have to continue working after the baby is born.
  • I'm not pregnant right now (had my peanut three weeks ago), but I'm so glad you posted this.  I'm Kelli, 27, married for almost three years and we are also the first of our friends to have a baby.  My dh is a flight intructor at the miramar base and we also live in PQ.  I will be a SAHM for the most part aside from a couple weekend days here and there (I work as a nurse at a med spa)...I think a mommy/soon-to-be mommy group is a great idea and would be totally interested in making some new friends that have babies...it's been three weeks and I'm already going a bit stir crazy!  If anyone is interested in a get together, please let me know, my email is kauaiwedding2006 at yahoo dot com
  • Hey there! I'm new to this site, 29 years old, and expecting my first as well...just wanted to introduce myself...I'd definitely be interested in get-togethers! Let me know...

H&H to everyone!!

• Hi ladies! I know alot of us new mommies-to-be and new moms are looking for others in the same situation! I found this San Diego mom-to-be meet up group through this site and it looks great. Unfortunately I haven't been able to make it to any of the meet ups yet, but they have them weekly all over the SD area. Check it out, I say the more the merrier :)

https://www.meetup.com/thematernitygroupsandiego/

• What about TTC females?  LOL I would love to get out and meet more people around San Diego, and if it involves walking/tea/hanging out I'm game.  I'm a little older than the rest of you, but maybe hanging around pregnant women will help with conception :-)
  • YES! Join us TTC females! We shall embrace you and smother you with hormones! :)
  • LOL, ezralite0 !! Thanks -That's exactly what I need :)
  • Hi. I'm a little late responding, b/c I just joined. I saw that you have already met up once, but I would love to join the group if possible. I am in the same boat, just married, pregnant, and will be a stay at home mommy.  I've only been in San Diego for a year and a half, so I'd love to meet other mommies-to-be!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"