Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Those who have had testing done

What sort of testing did they do? How long did it take? Were you able to find out any answers?

Just curious as I want to discuss this with my Dr at my F/U appt.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those who have had testing done

• Options

They took tissue from my D&C to have it tested. I think they look for chromosome abnormalities to see if they can determine why the pregnancy didn't progress. Sometimes you still just get the "bad luck" answer though.

I don't have results from mine yet. I had my f/u yesterday, but it could be another 2 weeks before lab results are in (about a month post-D&C). I think they'll also tell you the sex of your baby if you want to know.

Good luck to you. I know this isn't easy and it's hard to not get answers.

• Options
    i'm so sorry for your losses.  I just got back my beta's and they've hit zero.  now they are able to start testing on me.  i have NO IDEA what the tests will be, but i'm praying for some answers!  they did test the tissue that i passed and all they said was 'yes, it was a pregnancy'.  so they didn't find anything from that. Good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry for your losses. I've had 3 m/c's. I had 1 D&C and the doctor sent the tissue for testing. At my follow-up visit 2 weeks later, all 46 chromosomes were present. My OB/GYN referred me to an RE (reproductive endrocrinologist). They sent me for all kinds of tests, first they tested my blood for genetics and other things, then I had vaginal ultrasounds done at different days of my cycles so they could do measurements, then I had Hysterosalpingogram (HSG).  Talk to your doctor at your F/U appt, bring a notebook write down everything he/she says. Sometimes when a doctor talks to you....it's alot to take in, especially after everything you have been through. And if you don't understand what the doctor says...tell them to repeat it.

Wishing you all my best!

TTC since May 2007 - 12/20/07 Angel Baby - 03/27/08 Angel Baby - 06/08 Diagnosed with MTHFR (1 copy) - 07/08 Uterine Polyp removed - 9/5/08 Chemical Pregnancy - 10/08 started researching adoption agencies - 12/08 Found new RE - 2/09 had 3 large Fibroids removed - 10/15/09 Adoption Home Study Approved & waiting - 12/22/10 Angel Baby - 6/11 State Licensed as Foster Parents - 7/5/2012 Angel Baby 10/26/2012 - diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"