Secondary IF

Out of pocket cost of IUI?

Our insurance doesn't cover IUI, so I'm wondering, IF it should come to that, how much does it generally run? ?

thanks!?

Re: Out of pocket cost of IUI?

• Mine doesn't cover it either and I pay $275, which includes a U/S, sperm preparation (wash) and IUI.  I also have to pay OOP for meds and 1-2 other U/S for that cycle.  Hope that helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • wow! that's FAR less than I thought it would be! ?Someone I know said the same thing today and I couldn't believe it was so inexpensive. ?I know IVF is super expensive; for some reason I figured IUI would be as well. ?

thanks!?

• Loading the player...
  • hope4ushope4us member

Once you get into injectables, which I haven't done yet, it can get expensive.  Clomid is the cheapest and I only have to pay $35 for 100mg (5 day supply).  Also the bloodwork at the lab can be up there too:  progesterone-$48 and E2-$75.

I was also told to keep all receipts to anything health/medical related (even mileage to doc) in a folder for tax purposes incase you start having to pay lots OOP. 

Wishing you the best of luck and hope you get a BFP soon.

TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
  • I agree with PP. The type of protocol will tell the tale.  Clomid IUI is far less expensive then injectable IUI.  I am in the process of doing my cost analysis and praying that my insurance covers most of the injecables! If not, I am out of the game and I would hate to not be able to have number 2 because of money issues... that would suck.  I am also 38.5 so it is now or never for this to happen. 

I would also look into public funding.  Many states have IF coverage for people with no insurance or no coverage.

Good luck! 

• CMM05CMM05 member

Nothing was covered for us except our u/s's and b/w.

For my meds (Gonal-F and Ovidrel trigger....), it cost around $400 (from Freedom Pharmacy....)

Then.....we did back to back IUI's......each IUI was $380 ($190 for the actual procedure and $190 for sperm wash....). So we did two.....so $760 total.

So.....if you add up the meds and IUI's, it cost us a little over $1,000......

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am new here and just starting diagnostic testing.  (which is covered under my insurance) 

We are doing IUI next month and the total cost is $2,875  which now seems quite high.  It does not include any injectibles.

• hope4ushope4us member
    imageonemorelittleone:

I am new here and just starting diagnostic testing.  (which is covered under my insurance) 

We are doing IUI next month and the total cost is $2,875  which now seems quite high.  It does not include any injectibles.

WOW...Is that cost per cycle?  Wish you the best of luck getting PG right away.

TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Low AMH = 0.3
  • Hi Hope4us,

Yes, that is per cycle.  I hope it happens the first cycle too.  Otherwise, I don't know how many we will do!!!  Thanks for wishing us luck---I think we need it!!  The best of luck to you too!!

• Warning: ?It varies widely for the same procedure in the same city. ?In MA, where insurance covers treatment after a diagnosis of infertility, the big places jacked up their prices to get the insurance money and it is insane. ?

But I found a clinic associated with a hospital that is half of that expense. ?It is geared towards women having IUI's but without known infertility (lesbians) and without insurance. ?Same procedure, half the price.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"