High-Risk Pregnancy

polyhydramnios

I have been having u/s every two weeks since 21 weeks to monitor my amniotic fluid. Today DH and I were told that the baby has had a HUGE growth spirt and is now almost 4 lbs and my fluid levels are too high. I now have to go get biophysical checks every two weeks and then at 32 weeks get non-stress tests until 38 weeks. After 38 weeks they hope the baby is out.

Has anyone else been diagnosed with this? What are your plans? Any ideas?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: polyhydramnios

• I have Twin to twin transfusion syndrome so I have one baby that has too much fluid and one that doesn't have enough. If the levels get too high then they'll do an amnio to take out some fluid so that the baby doesn't get affected by having too much fluid in there. I'm not sure if the same thing would go for a singleton but I assume they could do something if the levels for your baby get too high. Do you know what the numbers are on the fluid levels for your baby?

I get monitored weekly to make sure their fluid levels aren't in the dangerous zone for either baby. 

• Today is the first and only time I don't know the numbers.  From weeks 21-27 they said the numbers were normal/high and this week they said that yeah the numbers were finally too high. 

I am sure everything will be fine but in the meantime not knowing anything is getting to me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I just found out yesterday at my 20wk ultrasound that my fluid levels are too high.  Not 'high-side of normal' but 'too high'.  I suspect they have been that way for a while because I've been measuring 2wks ahead since my first appt at 12wks.  My ultrasound was not done at my normal dr's office, so she hasn't seen the report yet.  Hopefully, Monday we'll get a better idea of how we are going to proceed. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"