New York Babies
Options

vacation ideas?

Looking for something within drive, 4/5 hours max. ?I'm just out of creativity in this realm. ?We will be in Cape Cod later this summer, so something nonbeach is fine, though Id like something near water. ?Out tot is nearly 2. ?ideas? suggestions? ?We are open to camping...

Re: vacation ideas?

• Options

we lived in Ithaca while dh was in grad school.  there are some little cabins on Cayuga lake that people rent out over the summers.  if you like hiking, waterfalls, wine tours, good food (very diverse restaurants... there's a part in collegetown that they joke is lil' NYC), Cornell (beautiful campus), some local type shopping (not a ton though)... head over to seneca lake, beautiful country.   we'd love to take a long weekend to visit again. 

seratoga springs is great for a long weekend... their arts center would host the NYC ballet over the month of July (this was a couple of years ago, but I'm sure they still do it, it was a long tradition from what I understand).  the theatre is beautiful!  in a park, part has a roof over it.. then there's an area behind the seating area, where people can lay out picnic blankets on the lawn and watch the ballet under the moonlight.  we had seats... but how fun would that be too.  I want to take dd one day.  cute downtown, shopping,  pretty area.  

Lake Placid!  So fun... hiking, shopping, laying back and relaxing.  we went memorial day weekend.  so fun.  

Vermont.. fall is perfect timing... we went early Nov... I'd recommend Oct if you can... we were at the tail end of pretty leaves weather... beautiful area. great shopping, went to a farm and learned about maple ... learned about making cheese.... toured Dartmouth College (NH, but it was close to where we were). toured the town where calvin coolidge was born and saw the cemetary where he is buried.  B&B was AWESOME... but B&Bs usually specify no children.  

what about toronto or montreal?  we've been to toronto .. nice! cleanest big city ever!  went to a ball game, shopping, toured this huge castle .. beatiful. we spent a couple of nights at Niagra Falls (Canada side), visited Niagra on the Lake.. and then spent a few nights in Toronto.  always wanted to get to Montreal .. but haven't made it yet.

thousand islands... up north of syracuse... beautiful area on a lake (I think), castle to tour.  I haven't been but friends took a weekend getaway and loved it.  

• Options

oh and I think DC is only 4 1/2 or 5hrs away.... we loved DC... tons of museums and tours and great restaurants... but may be better when the kids are older.  we'd love to go back. 

sesame place in PA, (sesame street) again... long weekend but you can make it longer by visiting a few places, like Hershey, PA and maybe philidelphia... there were was a children's museum in phili, lots to tour.  

there is SO much up here, the options are endless.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"