Baby Names

Mallory

One of our friends just had a girl yesterday and named her Mallory. WDYT?

Re: Mallory

• I don't like it. I immediately think "Family Ties."
  • Cute, but I think it means "bad fortune" or something similar so I wouldn't use it.
  • Loading the player...
  • There's probably nothing wrong with it. But since my only association with it is Family Ties I think "80s!!" when I see/hear it.

Just curious- not against you personally- why do people post about a name their friend used? Who cares what we think- we can't change them! LOL

• imageberryblndgirl:
    I don't like it. I immediately think "Family Ties."
    <---- yep and I picture Justine Bateman !
  • Definitely brings me back to the 80's...
  • I'm actually a fan of Mallory.  It is a little 80s, but I don't think it was that common, was it?  Or at least I didn't know any Mallorys. 
  • imagerc1276:
    Cute, but I think it means "bad fortune" or something similar so I wouldn't use it.

^^^^ this! I think it's a cute name but I don't like the meaning so...

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • The most irritating member of the Babysitters Club.
  • imagethatgirlang:

There's probably nothing wrong with it. But since my only association with it is Family Ties I think "80s!!" when I see/hear it.

Just curious- not against you personally- why do people post about a name their friend used? Who cares what we think- we can't change them! LOL

I did it because I was curious what you all though. I think it's a pretty name, but instantly makes me think of Family Ties. I was wondering if others felt the same way. Obviously they do.
  • imageSavat:
    imagethatgirlang:

There's probably nothing wrong with it. But since my only association with it is Family Ties I think "80s!!" when I see/hear it.

I did it because I was curious what you all though. I think it's a pretty name, but instantly makes me think of Family Ties. I was wondering if others felt the same way. Obviously they do.

Gotcha!

I just hate making it worse for you if you dislike the name your friend used. Smile

• LMS05LMS05 member
    Love it! I was born in the 80s and only knew 2 Mallorys my whole life and both of them were in my preschool class. It was on our list.?
  • I love Mallory. Dh hates it though.

It does make me think of Family Ties..but I love that show..so it's a positive association for me.

• imageberryblndgirl:
    I don't like it. I immediately think "Family Ties."

This

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• imagerosenjoe:
    The most irritating member of the Babysitters Club.

BAHAHAH that's exactly what I thought of when I heard it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I really like the name Mallory
  • I think it's cute.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerosenjoe:
    The most irritating member of the Babysitters Club.
    LOL haven't thought about that in years!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"