Nurseries and Baby Gear

Is 33 weeks too late to decorate/paint nursery?

So for different reasons, DH wants to paint the nursery on May 30th. The crib is here but not assembled. I'm getting worried that things are being left to be done too late. I really don't prefer to do it that late, but to save a huge argument it looks like it's going to be done then.Argh, and I really thought I was going to be one of those that had a jump start on their nurseryHuh?

Anyone else paint/decorate/put crib together at 33 weeks or later??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is 33 weeks too late to decorate/paint nursery?

• Well, I'm almost 34 weeks, and all we've done in the nursery was paint the walls and refinish the floor.  we're picking up the crib tomorrow (finally - they called us 2 weeks ago to tell us it was in) and may have it put together sometime in the next few days.

We also haven't started to wash any of her stuff - actually, it's all still sitting in our living room in a giant pile from when we brought it all home from the showers :)

I just have my fingers crossed that baby girl doesn't come too early.

• I don't think that's too late at all.  Even if the baby comes early, I doubt he'll come THAT early, so you should have a few weeks to finish it up.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Of course it's not too late.....too late for a nursery is when the child reaches the age of 12 or so. Wink

Our first came earlier than expected and her nursery wasn't painted or completed until she was about 6 weeks old......not a problem because she slept in our room as a newborn anyway. We haven't started our nursery for our second yet either and due to travel plans probably won't until about 33 weeks. Relax......it'll get done even if it's not as quickly as you had hoped!

• Our furniture won't be delivered until around 25 weeks so we will probably be working on the nursery little by little from 26-30 weeks. I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as your DH and other people are willing to help and do the so called "heavy lifting" you will be fine!

• I don't think it is too late. But...you could always tell him that it would be such a wonderful Mother's Day gift to you to have the painting done earlier! Wink 
  • Thanks for the replies. I guess I do just have to relax and get other things done around the house.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • as long as you have help with the nursery i think it is fine :)

• I'm almost 38 weeks and jsut finished painting today. Crib gets set up tomorrow.

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We moved when I was 36 weeks pregnant with DD and didn't start the nursery until a week or so after that.  It worked out fine.  We knew what we wanted to do, had a list, and went for it.  The nursery was done by the time she came home (she was born at 39w4d).  So imo, no, it's not too late.  :)
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • No, not at all.  It took us a day to put the tape up and paint...it's a solid color, but it went by fast with the two of us....and we did two coats.  The paint dried almost instantly so we really didn't have to wait long to do the second coat. 

Then it took about an hour, if that, to hang everything on the walls....which we did a few weeks later. 

P.S.  I should add that I am now bored.  Wish I would have started on it a little later...I now have a month and a half left with nothing to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"