Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Sad Mommy With Two Baby Angels

This is my first post.

I got pregnant last July and had a very perfect pregnancy. I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks, and then again at 12 weeks. Every appointment went great and I felt great. I had no idea how quickly things could go from on top of the world to devastation.

We were so excited to go to the ultrasound where we could finally stop calling it an it, and name our sweet little boy or girl. I was 20 1/2 weeks and laying there asking the technician when she would tell us what it was. She said that I'll have to check and make sure it's healthy and then I'll tell you. She measured and the next thing she said was, "I am just so sorry. There is no heartbeat. I'll give you some time." In one moment, all of our hopes & dreams were shattered.

They sent me to my doctor and then straight to the hospital. Everything seemed so surreal that I almost didn't believe it. They induced me that night, and I delivered my son at 5:05 the next morning. There were complications and I spent the next 7 hours trying to deliver the placenta until they took me back for surgery. After I got out of the hospital, I got sicker due to blood loss and needed to come back for blood transfusions. The physical recovery was awful, but nothing compared to the emotional pain then and still today.

We named our son Aiden Edward. He was so small, but so perfect. We loved him so much in the short time we knew him. We still love him and think about him daily.

Three months after we lost our precious son, we started trying again. We got pregnant right away. However, we went to an early ultrasound only to discover that our second baby was not going to develop a heartbeat. We were devastated once again and went home to miscarry naturally. At 10 weeks, I started hemorraging, and went into the hospital for a partial D&C and I officially lost the next pregnancy. I would be 12 weeks now and still waiting for the miscarriage to be complete.

I am posting my story because it helps to talk about it. I also want to know if there is anyone out there who has had trouble going back to 0 HCG level after a miscarriage. I began my miscarriage 1 month ago, and I am still at 350 HCG.

I would also like to say that I am sorry to see that there are so many others like me. You all are in my prayers.

BabyFetus Ticker *Baby Aiden: Silently Born on 11-26-08. *Baby #2: M/C on 4-12-09. *Genetic Testing Found MTHFR & PAI1 4G/5G *TTC Baby #3 Since July of 2009: -Fertility Treatments April 2010-February 2011 (Femara, Proverra, Clomid, HCG Trigger, FSH Injectibles, & IUI, as well as Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy Surgery) *BFP: Febraury of 2011. Baby due 10-24-11!!! :-) ***Baby Angels- Always in Mommy & Daddy's Hearts & Prayers*** ***Prayers For Growing Baby In Belly To Be Healthy***

Re: Sad Mommy With Two Baby Angels

• I am so very sorry for your losses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sorry for your losses.  ((hugs))  After my m/c in August it took a month for my hcg to reach 0. 

• Loading the player...
  • I don't have an answer for you since I am just going through this now, but I wanted to say how sorry I am for your losses. 
  • I am so sorry for what you have been going through. When I had my first D & C it took FOREVER for me to get AF. No one ever told me when to expect it and they did not monitor falling HCG levels. I have since switched MD's. Finally I asked an MD friend of mine and they were shocked I hadn't gotten AF yet, so I called the office and they did another US and there was retained tissue. MD removed it in the office (uncomfortable!) THEN they decided to monitor my hcg. Long story short D & C sept, 1st AF Jan, bc of the retained tissue. I'm sure MD will take another look if need be esp bc they are following HCG's. Good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i am so sorry you have had to go thru this twice. i can't imagine having to deal with so many physical complications on top of the emotional pain.

• Thank you for the responses thus far. I am also very sorry for all of you and your losses. It is just so sad that so many people are faced with the loss of their babies. You all are in my prayers. 
    BabyFetus Ticker *Baby Aiden: Silently Born on 11-26-08. *Baby #2: M/C on 4-12-09. *Genetic Testing Found MTHFR & PAI1 4G/5G *TTC Baby #3 Since July of 2009: -Fertility Treatments April 2010-February 2011 (Femara, Proverra, Clomid, HCG Trigger, FSH Injectibles, & IUI, as well as Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy Surgery) *BFP: Febraury of 2011. Baby due 10-24-11!!! :-) ***Baby Angels- Always in Mommy & Daddy's Hearts & Prayers*** ***Prayers For Growing Baby In Belly To Be Healthy***
  • I'm so sorry for your losses.  It took a long time for my hcg levels to go down after my 2nd m/c.  I had a d&c and got my period pretty much on schedule, but we discovered that my hcg levels were still elevated 2 months after the d&c.  I ended up getting a shot of methotrexate to bring them back to normal. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So sorry for your losses! After my m/c my HCG levels went back down really fast. Of course they never really got that high. 48 hours after the bleeding started I was down to 5.5.
  • Oh my heart breaks that you are joining this cruddy club. I also had to be induced with our little girl Cate, delivered her, and then to have a D and C, which went horribly wrong.  You are so correct the physical pain is nowhere near the emotional pain.  All those  dreams, hopes, and desires... it is so difficult. I am so sorry! :(

I have no idea what my HCG level is. We are not trying again. So I can't help your question.  

Missing your Aiden, Cole, Cate, Grace, and all the other angels and peace for those behind, 

Nicole

• I'm so very sorry for your losses. ?It is so devastating. ?I have no clue about HCG levels and whatnot. ?But hopefully it won't be too long and you'll be able to try again soon.
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hugs, so sorry for your loss.  I am also a Mommy of two angels, but thankfully two girls too.  Hugs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"