Breastfeeding
Options

glass of wine...

Had a glass of wine that I finished at 9PM...when can I nurse again?  Have bottled BM, but dont want to use it if I can nurse safely....thanks!

Re: glass of wine...

• Options
    After one glass of wine, you should be fine.  My LC used the "if you're sober enough to drive, you're sober enough to nurse" rule.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I never worry about one glass.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    One glass is fine. Nurse away!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with above posters.
    imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Same as the pp.  I was told one glass was fine.  More than that, wait a certain amount of time per drink or a while after you didn't feel "fuzzy" anymore. 
  • Options
    2 hours after 1 standard drink. If it was a big glass it will be more than 1 standard drink.
  • Options

imageDobie_Mama:
    After one glass of wine, you should be fine.  My LC used the "if you're sober enough to drive, you're sober enough to nurse" rule.

Ditto. I've had 2 and was perfectly fine to nurse.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SeaSoulSeaSoul member

Dr. Jack Newman says even 2 is fine without waiting to nurse.  Your baby gets such a minute percentage of alcohol it's not going to affect him/her.

Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the group!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"