Pregnant after 35
Options

What is the craziest thing you've craved during this pregnancy?

I know that many of you aren't that far along to have experienced this yet, but I figured it would give us some laughs. 

It's kinda blah around here today Stick out tongue

Mine is..(omg please don't flame me or call me nuts)sand...yep sand.  It happened sometime last week, I don't know why or how, but the nurse at my drs office said it's not uncommon she craved dirt and would eat a box of corn starch...that's gross!!

I never followed up on my craving....just so you know, eating lots of crushed ice has been my thing for now!

Re: What is the craziest thing you've craved during this pregnancy?

• Options

No flames but I read in one of my books that if you crave inedible stuff, you should tell your doctor. I hope the nurse is right and that it's not an issue.

I haven't had weird cravings but I'm very suseptible and if I see a food on TV (damn you, Food Network) I decide that I have to have that food. Though I have been craving Kosher deli--especially corned beef--for a while. I may have to force my DH to take me into NYC for that.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

I'll take a hot pastrami sandwich  or hot roast beef from the Carnegie Deli anytime.

::drools on keyboard::

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Its not crazy but in early pg - I could live on peaches and avacados.

I still love avacados and eat them ( a WHOLE one) when ever I can but my deepest love is..... Egg salad sandwiches. I eat them occasionall (like twice a year), but now I want one everyday - sometimes 2X a day.

Also, normally, I can't stand breakfast sausage - but with all 3 of my pregnancies - I couldn't get enough. Matter of fact - it was my 1st clue I was pregnant.

FYI - I think craving/chewing ice is a sign of low iron..

• Options
    Beef!  Filet Mignon, Beef Stew, cheeseburger... I love it!  I wasn't a big beef eater prior to this pregnancy!  I just had a cheeseburger for lunch, delish! Stick out tongue
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Nothing crazy as far as cravings but....

I could eat pizza 24/7...Did I mention I LOVE pizza...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nothing with this one yet, but with #1 I craved Big Macs.  I generally work hard to avoid fast food but there was something about that salty, pickly Thousand Island-like sauce I loved!
  • Options

I've read that craving soil and sand are natural. I just have to ask how you know you're craving sand? Sorry, but I have to ask.

This pregnancy it's burgers, fruit and cheese. I did once crave pickles but they gave me such heartburn, that I have a whole jar sitting in the fridge. Boring I know.

Last pregnancy it was ice cream and anything that was bread and cheese (pizza, quesidillas, grilled cheese).  Needless to say, I gained 40 lbs last time.

• Options
    Absolutely no cravings for me. In fact, I am not very hungry most of the time and I feel incredibly full after just a few bites. I guess the little girl is pushing everything together in there...
  • Options
    imageMango2:

I've read that craving soil and sand are natural. I just have to ask how you know you're craving sand? Sorry, but I have to ask.

This pregnancy it's burgers, fruit and cheese. I did once crave pickles but they gave me such heartburn, that I have a whole jar sitting in the fridge. Boring I know.

Last pregnancy it was ice cream and anything that was bread and cheese (pizza, quesidillas, grilled cheese).  Needless to say, I gained 40 lbs last time.

I remember seeing it somewhere and for the life of me I can't remember...I know it was like a trigger when I saw it, like seeing a huge piece of chocolate cake, I told my dh about it and he was like Indifferent woman you've really lost it..I want to say it was during a nice weekend while taking DD to the playround...I know Mango it's insane!  My dr said your not the 1st nor the last to crave something wierd, she told me a patient of hers felt like eating Ajax...of course she didn't do it, but the crave was there.

• Options

BLTs and cheese.

Diversions? chocolate and coffee (very very weird for me)

• Options
    I've had very few cravings thus far.  I had a weird corn dog fit a few weeks ago, but that's all I remember.  I've been all about fresh fruits, veggies, and COOKING.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

With my first, I was DYING for pineapple juice all the time.    I think I must have gone through a half gallon every TWO DAYS.    (can you believe i didn't have GD?!)

This time, i went through the white rice phase (1st tri) then was SUPER into Tzaziki (usually with carrots... ), and now - am on a fruit on the bottom yogurt kick.   HAS to be fruit on the bottom... and at least low fat.   None of this yoplait fat free bs for me...

God my butt is going to be the size of Rhode Island by the time this is done..

... oh..... wait....

Christine

• Options
    Earlier on it was Fillet o' Fish. Now it's just about anything that I see or is mentioned, I'll just want it. Grocery shopping has become an interesting venture these days.
  • Options

So far, my appetite has been pretty non-existant.  But I have noticed my food choices are kind of odd....

Yes.. .Filet O'Fish sandwiches.  Haven't had them in years, and I've had two this month alone.

Chef Boyardee Ravioli... I have no idea why

And we went to Perkins last week after church.  I got a biscuit with gravy and Broccoli Cheese soup.   That's kinda odd.

• Options
    I really haven't had cravings since first tri (hard boiled eggs a little bit) but during that time I felt so lousy that whenever anyone would mention something I thought might make me feel good I HAD to have it. Other weird thing I craved at that time - gefiltefish. And I 'aint Jewish (although DH is and hates gefiltefish)!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"