Northern California Babies

My poor baby is so constipated :(

So, M has breastmilk jaundice so we chose to put him on formula for 24 hours to help lower his bilirubin levels.  Now, he hasn't pooped for 18 hours.  He is so miserable.  I just talked to the advice nurse and was told to put Caro syrup in his next bottle but I hope he can just poop on his own.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: My poor baby is so constipated :(

• Poor lil guy!!! Was he pooping regularly before?? I remember Maddy would only poop every couple of days (on formula) but our Pediatrician (through Kaiser) told me that was fine.. as long as it was once a week.

I hope he starts feeling better! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When Eve was put on formula, she started pooping every third day. The pedi said that was fine as long as it didn't go any longer than three days. The Caro syrup trick does work though. We had to do it a couple of times for her. Hope he feels better soon!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Poor little guy!

Sometimes Logan has this too, and I call them "poop strikes" ugh they suck he cries and cries, farts and cries.

Today he was having one so I gave him a massage, and did some baby yoga to try and relieve it. Finally he pooped.

• Aw, this is the first time I've ever said this- but **poop dust** to you!

Hope everying clears up soon!

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Poor baby!!  Did you try stimulating the area - like with a whip (just whip a little deeper).
  • imageMy.ABC.Life:
    Poor baby!!  Did you try stimulating the area - like with a whip (just whip a little deeper).

I'm assuming you meant whipe.. not whip.. I don't even have a whip in my house.. (hmm what does that say about Alison..)

;-) 

• imageMy.ABC.Life:
    Poor baby!!  Did you try stimulating the area - like with a whip (just whip a little deeper).

what is a whip? I stuck the thermometer in today hoping that would stimulate the area, no luck.

• and apparently I can't spell either.. wipe I think is what we all meant.
  • EIther Alison is a crazy whip mother, lol, can't spell, or is making a joke about her post from a few days ago where she changed q-tip to whip. ?:) ?
  • imagem&m818:

imageMy.ABC.Life:

I'm assuming you meant whipe.. not whip.. I don't even have a whip in my house.. (hmm what does that say about Alison..)

;-) 

This is effing hysterical! I cannot stop laughing at this post.
  • LMAO!!! ?

seriously... my pedi recommended glycerine suppositories for Cami. ?I cut the children's size in half and insert it with a gloved finger - the stimulation always made her poop immediately.?

• LOL! Thanks for the laugh Alison, I really needed it today!
  • I am seriously LMAO.  Thanks Alison for making me lol today.Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"