South Florida Babies

We are back from DC!

Phewwwwww!!! That was an action packed few days! I won't get into all of the details but I'll cover the main things:

Mikey and his 1st two flights: Our pedi recommended giving him some benadryl to help with the flight. On the flight to DC he was cranky on take off and on landing. The benadryl knocked him out in between which was fantastic. On the flight home I gave him benadryl exactly 45 minutes before our flight and he ended up knocking out right before takeoff! Thankfully that flight wasn't full so we ended up with the last row all the way in the back all to ourselves. It was awesome! We even had Mikey laying on the middle seat between us for most of the flight. He did soooooooo well today. Oh and we didn't buy him his own seat, DH refused to buy until he has to so he was on our laps and it worked out really well. Mikey does NOT like to sit still so it was nice that he ended up sleeping on both flights. Oh and thanks to the two flights he is now OBSESSED with planes. All weekend long as soon as he hears a plane up in the air he looks up to find it and then starts waving and saying nye nye mane (I'm sure you guys know what that translates to).

The real reason for our visit: As most of you know the real reason for our trip was to get some tests done at the NIH for my DH in hopes of getting a diagnosis. He had a total of 34 vials of blood taken, yup you read that right. And had a bone marrow biopsy and CT scan. After all of that we met with a fellow that took his history and reported it back to the "team". Then about 20 minutes later the "team" came in, consisting of the lead doctor, Research Nurse, Fellow, and two others that didn't talk. So A LOT like the team on House. Wink The doc proceeded to tell us about not only the condition that my DH was originally diagnosed with but other conditions and their treatments. He isn't 100% convinced that DH has what he was diagnosed with only because 1) the majority of folks with it are in their 60s and 70s (that's when they get diagnosed) and 2) The majority of people have issues with their red and white blood cells a very small percentage have a platelet issue like my DH has. But basically since his numbers aren't horrible yet they wouldn't want to do any kind of a treatment, even if they did have a diagnosis.

He said that they still need their "experts" to look over his marrow but it could be either something that we've caught really early or something that will just end up going away (that would be great of course). We won't know the results of the bone marrow biopsy until sometime next week. I just hope those results are able to give us some kind of definitive diagnosis as to what he's dealing with. The one thing he fears most is having something wrong but no doctor is able to tell him what and then eventually they find out that he has something serious and has months to live. 

Oh and one of our highlights of the trip was seeing Kimmie and Allison. We took the kids to the zoo and had a blast despite how ridiculously hot it was.

So that's the jist of our trip to DC.

Re: We are back from DC!

• That really does sound just like the team on House.  I hope the results of the biopsy are good.  It sounds like you had a blast running around DC with Mikey.  Did you get any pictures of all of the kiddies? Wink 

Welcome back home. 

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sounds like Mikey did great, glad he liked the "manes"! really hope the DC doctors can come up with some concrete answers, praying for the best.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow.  Praying the results come back favorable and you guys can soon find out what your dealing with. 

• So glad the trip went well! I hope you find out DH's diagnosis soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• I'm so happy you guys had a good trip! I hope you get the results back soon and that it's nothing serious or at least something that can be taken care of easily!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm glad to hear you had a fun trip and that Mikey's first two flights weren't bad. Hope you get the results soon...positive is that w/e it is the drs gave you positive answer. 

• Yay for Mikey being a great big boy on the flights! I don't know what it is about air places that really get the kiddies excited! I hope the "House" team can finally give you guys some positive news on your DH condition. I will keep you all in my prayers still!
  • It sounds like you guys have an excellent team working on your husband's medical issue, and I really hope they are able to figure something out and get him the proper treatment ASAP.

Mikey sounds like he was a model child on the plane...congrats! :) I hope you guys had a great time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"