Preemies

Tongue Tied

Does anyone's LO have this problem? If so what did you do about it?

I was tongue-tied when I was born, was clipped at about 6wks. But also had a cyst removed at the same time,so was out when clipped.

Just wondering what the Docs do for this .

Thanks,

Re: Tongue Tied

• Robbie wasn't, but I was. I had it fixed in my early 20s. Mine was attached completely from back to front (attached at the bottom of my front gums) so they did laser surgery. My dentist did it.

• My girlfriend's son just had his clipped.  She said they just came in and snipped it.  No drugs!  She said he didn't even cry.  It was done the day after he was born.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    IVF 1=BFP, beta #1 8dp5dt 24, beta #2 12dp5dt 50, beta #3 14dp5dt 88.9
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Weishaars' World
  • Loading the player...
  • DD had it.  They noticed it at birth, but the ENT recommended waiting to see if it rectified on its own.  Unfortunately, it did not, and she had to have surgery.  She had it done at 8mos old.  Honestly, it was worse for me than it was for her.  She did have general anesthesia, but the whole thing literally took 10 minutes.  From the time they wheeled her into the OR to the time the ENT came to get us and tell us she was going to recovery was about 15 maybe 20 minutes.  She was pissed when she came to recovery, but she was fine later that day.  Hers was very noticeable- she could not stick her tongue out at all- it barely crossed her gum line.  If I had to do it again, I would have asked them to do it when she was a newborn (they do it with a laser at that age) in order to avoid the surgery, but even so, it really wasn't that bad, I was just worried about the anesthesia, etc.  GL!
  • DD had hers snipped at her first pedi appt. I couldn't be in the room when they did it, I didn't want to watch my baby get hurt.  I had to step out and MIL was there with her. I stood outside the door and waited for the screams, but they never came. Evidently she just looked up at the Dr and smiled. It was no biggie at all, and now she has a perfectly long cute little tongue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"