TTC After a Loss
Options

XP: HSG Stories?

Can you tell me your experiance when you had an hsg? Is it very painful? Was dh allowed in the room? How long did it take? Were you able to resume normal activities? When can you have sex after?

My doc finally ordered an hsg for me! So I just want to know what to expect. 

Thanks ladies :)

Re: XP: HSG Stories?

• Options

my hsg was totally painless = i just took some motrin before

super quick and easy ! AND right after my HSG I got my bfp !!!!

good luck to you :)

• Options
    I wish more people would reply to this post. ?I'm having mine next Thursday and was wondering the same things. ?When is yours? ?Maybe you can tell me how yours went if it's before mine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If my period comes on time, and it's not wonky like last time, then next tues, otherwise next month. Good luck to you too! :)
  • Options

I had mine on Wednesday.  No, it wasn't very painful.  Actually, it was over before I even knew it happened!

It hurt when they put the speculum (sp?) in and opened my cervix and all.  It was sort of a burning pain to have my cervix forced to open and stay open, but that was about it.  He told me to cough, I did and asked if once is enough... I was still waiting for a response when he said it was done.  What???  LOL.  All that anxiety for nothing.  All told (after gowning up and getting on the table and waiting for the doc) it took less than 5 min and the procedure itself took about 5 seconds. 

Take Advil beforehand and don't worry.  It really isn't bad at all. 

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

I'm sorry I am posting so late, but I thought I'd give you my story too.

The HSG ended up not being a big deal. The anticipation for it was a lot worse than the actual procedure. 

DH was not allowed in the room Tongue Tied but the doctor comforted me saying it would be over before I knew it and they'd be happy to go over all of the results with DH as soon as we were done.

They have you lay on a table with stirrups (no modesty allowed!) and then they'll start the procedure. I felt a little cramping (probably about the amount I would for beginning of a period) and she talked me through each step. The most cramping I felt was when she was putting in the saline.

The whole thing probably took about 6-7 minutes and then they removed the catheter and had me slowly get up (in case I got dizzy).

They had all of the cleaning products for me (wipes, sterile pads, etc) and I changed back into my normal clothes, using a liner.

The doctor said I could possibly have some spotting and also some rust colored discharge (which is NORMAL). I then would probably have a sticky discharge following, which was normal as well.  They advised that I wear a liner until the following day.

They said I could have sex again after the rust discharge was done. And I was fine to go about the regular activities for the day.

I took an advil about 40 minutes before the procedure and I think that helped.

In the end, I did not have a bad experience at all and would not worry about going in again if they needed me to.

Good luck!

Oh, Baby Bean! We will always miss you! With us for 6w3d -- June 9, 2008.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2 years of TTC, Seeing RE Feb 09, 2 medicated TI cycles - BFNs, 3 medicated IUIs - BFNs, back to medicated TI cycles until IVF approval, IVF approved in March 2010. BFP on last medicated TI cycle.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"