Baby Names

Girl Name Clicky Poll!

[Poll]

I like both, but I hate the nickname Addie. I think if she was named Avelyn, people would call her Ave or Avi for short and I think that is so cute. Thank for voting.

Re: Girl Name Clicky Poll!

• I think they're both beautiful names. :) Either one is very feminine and classy. I voted for Avelyn, but it was a tough choice. Good luck. 
  • I voted for Avelyn but both names are great!  Love the nn Avi!
  • Loading the player...
  • There are both beautiful names...I voted for Avelyn.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I posted the other night that I found a picture of one of my great-something cousins/aunts/something named Addelyn.

It's not the name we're choosing, but I really like it. And I think the presence of an older woman in 1940 with that name means that it's classic and not trendy and certainly not made up.

Big Smile 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love both names and nn's, but the spellings are awful
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • LMS05LMS05 member

Is Avelyn a name???

Edit: No, it's not. I just looked on every baby name website I could think of and nothing came up.?

• imageLMS05:

Is Avelyn a name?? 

Edit: No, it's not. I just looked on every baby name website I could think of and nothing came up. 

Yes, actually, it is a name. It means Hazelnut. Anyways, who in the hell decides what is considered a name or not? !

• LMS05LMS05 member
    imageicyblueeyez19:
    imageLMS05:

Is Avelyn a name???

Edit: No, it's not. I just looked on every baby name website I could think of and nothing came up.?

Yes, actually, it is a name. It means Hazelnut. Anyways, who in the hell decides what is considered a name or not? !

I have no idea who decides. I just looked on babynames.com, babynamewizard.com, ?namberry.com, babynamesworld.com, and behindthename.com and Avelyn doesn't come up.

• I voted Avelyn Claire.?

So weird, my niece's name is Avalyn (Ava like Avalon). Everyone calls her Avy. It is super cute. ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I voted for Adelyn because I just don't like Avelyn (sorry).  Avelyn sounds like the world javelin to me.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"