Preemies

Update on the twins!

Hi ladies!

Thank you everyone for being so welcoming when I announced the early arrival of my 32 weekers a little over a week ago. Its great that there is such a supportive board here among all the snark and AEs on the Tri Boards and 0-6. 

A little update, the twins are doing AWESOME! We are so greatful that they seem to be doing a little bit better every day. I can't believe they're 9 days old already... 

Carter is taking 32 mLs every 3 hrs for feedings, Chloe is taking 27. They lost their initial fluid weight and have been steadily gaining "real" weight, both are almost back to their birth weights. They are starting 2 bottle/day feedings and are doing great with those (still tube feeding for the rest right now). They were only on oxygen the first 24 hrs, and had canulas for the first few days but those are long gone! They don't have the oxygen saturation monitors anymore, and they've been moved to a regular "crib" instead of a temp-controlled isolette because they are doing really well maintaining body temps. They were on bili-blankets for a few days but haven't needed them so far this week. We're praying that they can come home sooner than later!

DH and I have been incredibly thankful that our NICU stay has been a relatively uneventful one so far. I feel incredibly guilty coming home and trying to "enjoy" myself at night though... I know you guys understand, it's so hard to justify having "me" time when my babies are still in the hospital! I am so tired of my heart skipping a beat every time my phone rings, rushing to see if its the NICU calling with an emergency. I know I will look back one day and laugh at myself, but I can't wait to hear little babies crying in my house right now! I just want my babies home with me Sad

Re: Update on the twins!

• Glad to hear that your little ones are doing so well!  Hopefully they will be home with you sooner than later!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So cute! I hope things stay uneventful and your babies come home soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"