1st Trimester

my cat

my cat has this fascination with walking on my stomach, which he's always had since he was little. Its how he snuggles with us, and its so cute!!!

my husband, however, doesnt let the cat walk on me anymore. He thinks my 11 pound cat is going to hurt our baby...... which i don't think can happen. ive tried to tell him its okay but he won't listen to me

Re: my cat

• My moms 90 pound lab stepped straight on top of my ute this weekend.  Baby still had a healthy HB at my appt today. Big Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • now that i can understand being worried about... but its a freaking cat for crying out loud. a cat who's usually mean so when he's being nice i have to take advantage of every second i get.

i think he has kitty schizophrenia.... nice kitty, sleepy kitty, jealous kitty, evil kitty, hungry kitty, defiant kitty (that's the most common one), frustrated kitty... he has a million personalities. and i just know he's gonna hate me and the baby. lol!

• Loading the player...
  • LOL, my 20+lber likes to lay across my stomach from time to time. Right before I got this BFP he was extra clingy, just like he was before I went into labor with DS.  There is a pic of my kitty in this thread, https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/14579458.aspx

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Geez . . . if this is a problem, than I am in trouble!  I have four feline "children" and they are climbing on me every minute of the day! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know the feeling...my 14-16 lb dog keeps plopping on my stomach... I'm so paranoid that he will hurt the baby! My girl who is only 10lbs is great though. She always snuggles next to my stomach with her head on me. She's very protective...
  • star678star678 member

Two of my 3 cats are huge-- 16 and 18 pounders.  They walk on me all the time, but I'm very careful not to let them step really hard on my ute area-- not because of fear, but because I'm still having cramping/ pulling sensations and it hurts!  My smallest cat is only like 6 pounds, but he likes to run across my very sore boobs.  Love them nonetheless, though. :)

Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
  • Oh yeah, I have 3 furbabies and they all are obsessed with my stomach lately. My fiance gets mad and tries to make them get off, but I don't want them to feel unloved so I let them snuggle my belly. Plus, it's not like they are going to hurt my baby inside my ute! Not even my 20lb cat hurts the baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    http://i41.tinypic.com/111ov4j.jpg
    2007-Sept 2008: TTC the old fashioned way
    Sept 2008 - Jan 2009: Clomid 100mg
    Feb 2009: 200mg Clomid = BFP! on March 20, 2009 - It's a BOY!
    Nov 26th 2009: Aidan Michael, 20.5" 7lb12oz
    Feb 2010: Start TTC again, the old fashioned way
    Mar - June 2011: Clomid 100mg
    July 2011: Unmedicated cycle = BFP! on August 29th, 2011
    Nov 6th 2011: m/c due to subchorionic hematoma
    Dec 2011: Start TTC again, unmedicated
    February 12th, 2012: BFP! EDD 10/23/12
    Mar 12th 2012: diagnosed as blighted ovum
    Trying again..
  • I have 3 cats who are walking all over me all the time.  I don't think it's going to hurt anything.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My cat always sleeps on my tummy and everything is ok. I jsut make sure she doesnt jump on me. I wonder how she's gonna react once the bump gets bigger!

I think they can tell something is inside there!

• my cat used to sleep with her head on my chest and body going down the length of my torso, now she sleeps in a ball on my stomach... it's like she's trying to keep the baby warm. and if i'm sleepin on my side she'll lay right next to my belly... it's so cute.
  • My dogs do it all the time and my husband freaks out too. I think it will be ok as long as they don't pounce on it!
  • That is funny! My cat does the same thing but she is only 8 pounds.  She even curls up on my stomach while I am watching TV.  My husband has not said anythign yet.  
  • Your little one is definitely protected.  I'm sure your cat is just fine.  I've always heard that your body will tell you when something isn't right, so if your cat walking on your stomach starts to hurt or not feel right, that's when you know it's not right anymore. 

My sisters cat was on her stomach throughout her whole pregnancy.  It got to the point that when the baby kicked, the cat would growl.  It was hilarious! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"